Johnson & Johnson Careers
IOT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
New Brunswick, New Jersey; Cincinnati, Ohio; Somerville, New Jersey; Mountain View, California
Requisition ID: 9689190315
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a IoT Systems Engineer. This position can be located at in Mountain View, CA; New Brunswick, NJ; Somerville, NJ; or Cincinnati, OH
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group’s mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson’s medical device products. We are looking for a hardworking IoT Systems Engineer to drive our new Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to R&D software engineer. The candidate can manage complex systems with interlinking dependencies across multiple IoT solutions, passionate about solving complex problems, and well-adapted in best practice design disciplines. We invite you to become part of a team that is breaking new ground in the ways J&J builds IoT solutions.
- Utilize system thinking principals to organize the interlinking requirements and software modules that encompass the IoT solutions
- Collect, maintain, and manage requirements and traceability for the IoT solutions
- Create the testing and evaluation strategies to quality the environments – including the identification and qualification of edge based testing tools
- Identify and manage the “external standards” qualifications required for hospital environments as needed – e.g., electrical safety, EMC
- Manage patient data privacy requirements such as High Trust, HIPPA, GDPR, etc.
- Create and institute new design processes to ensure best practices are followed
- Work with medical device software engineers to identity the engineering requirements, testing needs, and traceability artifacts required for the design history file of the medical device
- Partner across multiple operating segments including application development and Cybersecurity to realize the IoT vision
- Collaborate across the J&J matrix to define and deliver standard IoT platform(s)
- Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their IoT needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations
- Provide technical and thought leadership for the development and integration of new IoT solutions
- Lead virtual teams, manage project schedules and launch innovative new connected medical device products following SDLC processes
- Bachelor’s Degree required in IT or related Engineering field; Master’s Degree in IT or related Engineering field is preferred
- Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
- Experience leading, managing, and delivering projects is required
- Demonstrable project experience managing requirements, risk management, and verification and validation is required
- Familiarity with FDA Design Controls is required
- IoT project experience preferred
- Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IoT strategy is required
- With little supervision, must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required
- Up to 20% travel, domestic and international is required
- Must be located at in Mountain View, CA; New Brunswick, NJ; Somerville, NJ; or Cincinnati, OH
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-California-Mountain View
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)