Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior EHS&S Specialist
Requisition ID: 9678180115
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Under the direction of the Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability Manager, the Senior EHS&S Specialist will plan and execute projects and programs in support of EHS&S compliance at the Janssen R&D site at Spring House, PA and the Janssen Pharmaceuticals site at Horsham, PA. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will have a strong focus on ergonomics and occupational safety.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: THIS POSITION WILL WORK CLOSELY WITH VARIOUS INTERNAL PARTNERS AND EXTERNAL AGENCIES.SENIOR EHS&S SPECIALIST
- Develop and implement operational procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards and to achieve sustainability goals.
- Compile and report monthly, quarterly, and annual EHS&S metrics.
- Perform routine assessments based on J&J EHS&S standards to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk.
- Prepare audit reports/corrective action plans and collaborate with key partners to implement corrective measures.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S training for assigned EHS topics, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program.
- Partner with local management to develop and implement corrective and preventative actions to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or another Technical Field.
PE, CSP, ASP, CHMM PREFERRED
- 5+ years of EHS&S experience is required;
- Valued teammate
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements
- Problem solver
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania DEP and EPA environmental regulations/standards required.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations/standards required.
- Classroom instructor skills are required.
- Interfacing – associates & local, state & federal inspectors.
- Organizational skills – on-time generation of all required reports & record keeping systems.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Environmental Health & Safety