Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 9677180115
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A strong leader responsible for the environmental health safety and sustainability (EHS&S) infrastructure and development of EHS&S team. Will partner with company management to develop strategic plans, execute and direct projects and programs designed to ensure the attainment of the company's goals relative to environmental, health safety and sustainability outcomes. Will drive, monitor and report progress against these strategies and goals. You will need to demonstrate a broad knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulations and ability to work effectively with regulatory agencies.
This position will work closely with various internal partners and external agencies such as PA DEP and EPA.
- Be responsible for the Janssen R&D site in developing and sustaining a culture of safety, through a matrix of area owners, program leaders and safety committees that promote employee engagement and accountability.
- Engage and motivate people to deliver tangible safety initiatives while providing counseling and leadership.
- Develop technical and business insight of EHS&S staff through coaching and individual development plans.
- Complete training designated for role and ensures direct reports are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role.
- Ensure strict compliance with procedures applicable to role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in tasks performed.
- Promote an environment of employee involvement and dedication to doing the job right the first time.
- Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace.
- Responsible for execution of an EHS management system and lead programs and activities that drive continuous improvement sustaining ISO 14001 certification and improving EHS&S performance.
- Responsible for providing direction and management of a contractor safety program consistent with Janssen R&D procedures and J&J requirements.
- Responsible to ensure consistent execution and continuous improvement of high risk work programs (PIV, confined space, LOTO, work at heights, electrical safety, machine safety, etc.).
- Facilitate / conduct program compliance audits and complete annual self-assessment against J&J EHS&S standards. Develop and execute management action plans to address continuous improvement opportunities.
- You will be responsible for periodic reports and metrics ensuring that all pertinent documentation is prepared, maintained, and submitted in a timely manner to regulatory agencies, J&J, Janssen R&D and others according to the requirements.
- Responsible for approving SOP’s and relevant quality documentation in support of clinical manufacturing.
- Prepare environmental permit applications and negotiate conditions. \- Sound working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local EHS&S laws as well as J&J Standards and interpret requirements to client groups.
- Serve as the facility contact for all EHS&S regulatory agencies such as EPA, PA DEP, OSHA.
- Update management on new regulations and communicate impact.
- Conduct root cause incident investigations, workplace inspections and job safety analyses and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of incidents.
- Review capital projects to identify potential EHS&S issues and participate in their resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate emergency response capabilities are in place.
- Develop and maintain EHS&S operating budget.
- Drive Continuous Improvement at site level, through critical metrics and benchmarking, utilize Process Excellence (Lean and Six Sigma) tools to enable business results.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or other technical field is needed
- Master of Science degree in an EHS&S related discipline is a plus
PE, ASP, CSP, CIH, Green or Black belt certification is preferred.
- 10+ years of EHS experience is required.
- 3 years of leading teams or direct people management is preferred.
- Experience in building, managing, monitoring and maintaining environmental, health and safety programs is required.
- Knowledge of state and federal Environmental Health & Safety regulations is required.
- Strong leader with excellent communication skills
- Valued teammate
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements
- Problem solver
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Classroom trainer skills
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Environmental Health & Safety