Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Biology – Targeted Therapeutics
Requisition ID: 9672190318
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Biology – Targeted Therapeutics, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing cutting edge therapeutics that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, across the modality spectrum (including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acids) in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. In this laboratory-based position, the Senior Associate Scientist will collaborate with a group of scientists within the Targeted Therapeutics group to conduct in vitro assay development and screening to support the discovery and development of therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing experiments and presenting data through both written and oral communication. Candidate will need to collaborate regularly with both internal and external scientists.
- Implement and execute assays aimed at understanding intracellular and tissue specific targeting using PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, and high content microscopy.
- Design and execute non-routine experiments with minimal supervision.
- Independently analyze and interpret experimental results and draft protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc.
- Generate and maintain experimental data in an electronic laboratory notebook in a highly organized manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and positively with both internal and external colleagues across all levels.
- Effectively plan and coordinate preclinical studies at CROs.
- Present/defend scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Pharmacology or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 8 or more years of laboratory experience is required.
- Industry experience is required
- Advanced cell culture technique is required
- Strength in assay development is required
- Experience in two or more of the following is required: PCR, Flow Cytometry, ELISA, high content microsocopy, cell based assays (including cytotoxicity, internalization or transcytosis)
- Consistent track record of multi-tasking projects and be able to understand how data impacts project progression is required
- Demonstrated expertise in either oncology or immunology through publications, meeting abstracts and technical reports is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)