Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Brand Manager
Requisition ID: 9671180814
Johnson & Johnson Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Brand Manager, located in Markham, ON.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, we market innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products.
Our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living” by providing Canadians with some of the world's most widely used and trusted brands including: Johnson's® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Listerine®, Band-Aid® Brand Adhesive Bandages, Tylenol®, Reactine®, Benylin®, Nicorette®, Nicoderm® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, we employ approximately 400 people and are supported by a manufacturing and research and development facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
As the Senior Brand Manager, you will provide marketing and commercial leadership for an assigned portfolio and will be a key strategic member of the marketing brand team and the broader marketing organization. You will deliver agreed Profit & Loss (P&L) and market share metrics for assigned brands and play a key leadership role within the brand franchise. You will also manage, develop and coach 2-3 direct reports.
In this role you will:
- Build the Brand vision and strategic plans, ensuring consistency and alignment with Worldwide Franchise.
- Lead a large cross functional team to deliver against brand vision and multi-year plan, key financial commitments and shape future growth opportunities.
- Develop and monitor annual business plans and programs that will improve consumer acceptance, market penetration and product profitability for your brands.
- Negotiate annual financial commitments with Senior Management.
- Lead the implementation of consumer programs including product advertising, packaging and promotional activities, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Engage and partner with Market Access and Professional Marketing to ensure activity is aligned to short and long term strategies.
- Assume ownership of all activities related/affecting assigned Brand.
- Manage teamwork with internal departments, including Market Access, Commercial and Professional focused sales force, corporate partners and strategically important customers and coordinate team activities and projects to attain annual sales and profit commitments.
- Identify and recommend New Business Opportunities.
- Support brand initiatives with strategic and key customers.
- Be accountable for assessing and developing potential and leadership skills of direct reports. Also responsible to attract, retain and develop future talent for the organization.
- Manage Agency relations and business partnerships.
- A Minimum of a University degree is required, preferably with a concentration in Marketing or Business. MBA is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive marketing experience is required.
- Full P&L management experience is required.
- People management experience is required.
- Consumer Package Goods/ seasonal product or Over-the-Counter experience preferred.
- Previous experience managing a brand or a product line is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to positively influence with superior oral/written communication skills.
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues.
- Ability to develop and demonstrate creativity/new ideas that challenge the status quo.
- Well versed in project management and financial analysis, including P&L management/forecasting.
- Understanding of advertising, media, copy development/adaptation process and working with ad agencies, including the development of detailed aids.
- Deep understanding of digital levers as part of the marketing mix.
- Promotion and in-store and/or professional program development.
- Deep understanding of Customer Marketing and Trade environment.
- Strong command of concept development and new product process.
- Knowledge of the Canadian regulatory environment.
- Proficiency in consumer research methodologies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)