Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Manager, New Product Development
Requisition ID: 9653180422
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, New Product Development (NPD), located in Skillman, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time,
has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years.
We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and
services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to
touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will be the Packaging Procurement Lead in New Product Developments (NPD’s) for selected consumer franchises to drive growth and higher GP’s at product launch by linking procurement category strategies to the need state strategy and leveraging strong external partnerships with a committed supply base to J&J.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager NPD role for Packaging requires a broad and deep set of competencies and skills around global J&J’s business intimacy, solid end-to-end Supply Chain comprehension, sourcing process and stewardship & compliance, strong R&D and Engineering and/or business development affinity, financial skills and the ability to grasp diverse and highly complex technical and commercial matters instantly. You will also display unique business partnering skills by working in between different functions. You will collaborate internally across several business leadership teams as well as externally with key strategic suppliers. This person is expected to be a subject matter expert in Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Procurement strategy development & deployment, as well as a recognized partner in intellectually complex R&D and Engineering matters. You will be recognized as an inspiring leader and frontrunner conveying procurement identity. Candidates should also have a strong record of engagement and collaboration in a multinational, multi-stakeholder or heavily matrixed organization. As a J&J Procurement Leader, you will have opportunities to connect to wide networks, exchange experience and knowledge, broadening and deepening skills inside and outside of the organization.
- Providing sourcing to; R&D (Research and Development), GPE (Global Packaging Engineering), Marketing and Product Design for selected franchises in terms of supplier and component selection to ensure an optimized time to market, reduced supply risks upfront, and that product quality and compliance gets built into the new product design upfront.
- Supporting the implementation of DTV principles and building scalable Value chain solutions across the packaging sub-categories.
- Trend and Supplier screening for Packaging Innovation in close collaboration with the packaging category leads and GPE.
- Supporting global material portfolio consistency and migration strategy.
- NPD Pipeline Support: Providing supply market insights, linking sourcing strategies and supplier capabilities to business needs to ensure that R&D and GPE receives the best possible support by external suppliers for Johnson & Johnson NPDs.
- Develop deep expertise in Consumer Needs and defined Johnson & Johnson Need States and the packaging category
- Supporting selected design centers for ongoing and upcoming launches with regards to supplier and component selection leveraging the global strategic sourcing organization.
- Lead commercially selected NPD’s by providing supply market insights and linking supplier capabilities to business needs.
- Screen industry and supplier trends to identify packaging innovations that enhance consumer experiences.
- Support development and implementation of Packaging category strategies.
- Support process development and principles for globally consistent material and supplier selections early supplier engagement ensuring best value is delivered to J&J and risks are mitigated.
- Convert business needs into strategic sourcing requirements for selected categories.
- Support Performance measurement and implementation across regions for New
- Product Developments. Implement Supplier Management, as it relates to upstream / product design, closely synchronized with the packaging category and R&DE.
- Stewardship & Compliance, and to safeguard Company’s assets and know-how.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience is required.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, coupled with the ability to understand technical and scientific matters is required.
- An ability to understand the impact and significance of technical issues and new technologies is required.
- A high level of proficiency with core Procurement and/or Research & Development and Engineering processes is required.
- Experience working in an international, cross-functional, highly matrixed and multiple stake-holder environment.
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (eg. businesses, Procurement, RD&E, Quality, suppliers).
- Demonstrated ability to develop robust strategies and solutions that incorporate insights from multiple functions from definition through to implementation.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)