Johnson & Johnson Careers
Technical Operations Assistant (Co-op) Analytical Lab and Pilot Lab, 8 Months
Requisition ID: 9651180813
Our McNeil Consumer Healthcare manufacturing plant located in Guelph is looking for a current student to join us as a Technical Operations Assistant (Analytical Lab and Pilot Lab), beginning January 2019 for a 4 month work term with the possibility of extending to 8 months.
Johnson & Johnson, Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care and oral health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
At Johnson & Johnson Inc. our purpose is to “Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living” by providing Canadians with some of the world’s most widely used and trusted brands including: JOHNSON’S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE®, BENYLIN®, NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, Johnson & Johnson, Inc. employs approximately 400 people and is supported by a manufacturing site and R&D facility located in Guelph, Ontario.
As a member of the Technical Operations Team this individual will provide support to the Technical Operations Analytical and Pilot Laboratories. In this capacity, the student will support the general maintenance of lab systems and equipment to ensure facilities remain in a compliant state acceptable to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). The student will also have some opportunity to participate in and gain exposure to the Technical Operation activities to support the life cycle of Over The Counter (OTC) pharmaceutical products.
- You will maintain equipment and lab in good order in accordance with cGMP.
- You will handle disposition of chemical waste according to government regulations, and ensure integrity of laboratory glassware.
- You will prepare various solutions for use in analytical testing.
- You will maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all work performed.
- You will be assigned relevant additional tasks as required by project owners.
- You will assist with Pilot Plant semi-annual sanitation GMP requirements and weekly location checks
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, eligible for a 4 month co-op term beginning in January 2019.
- Preferred majors: Sciences - Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Biology or Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering.
- Must have completed at least 1 analytical chemistry or bio-chemistry related course and comfortable working in a laboratory environment.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting, as well as independently with little supervision.
- Strong organizational, documentation and communication skills.
- You should be someone who takes initiative, has a high level of attention to detail and knows when to seek assistance will be successful in this role.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)