Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nurse Practitioner, Global Health Services
Skillman, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 9648180115
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Nurse Practitioner, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization in Skillman, NJ and Titusville, NJ. This position (.5 FTE at Skillman and .5 FTE at Titusville) will provide “convenience care” of minor non-occupational injury/illness treatment as well as health and wellness advising for the employees at these 2 locations.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Nurse Practitioner provides nursing, medical, and integrated services consistent with the policies, guidelines, objectives, and content of the Johnson & Johnson Global Health program. Services are provided with physician collaboration as appropriate, through mentorship and administrative supervision of the Global Health Site Lead, and within the scope of the New Jersey Nurse Practitioner standards of practice.
The Nurse Practitioner carries a patient caseload requiring a high degree of independent judgment and advanced skill gained through academic and clinical preparation. He/she will provide non-occupational care (including wellness education and counseling) for site employees. Episodic care will include (but not be limited to): urgent care/walk-in services (upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal complaints, musculoskeletal problems); routine wellness physicals; health education and counseling.
• Review clinical data, laboratory and results, initiate appropriate interventions, and/or referrals
• Maintains accurate patient/employee health records, using an electronic medical record system, should have working knowledge and is comfortable in using Microsoft Office program components such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Advises and counsels employees within areas of core competency and makes appropriate referrals (internal and external) when indicated.
• He/she is expected to follow-up on referrals to ensure treatment is delivered as ordered.
• Provides direct teaching to patients and identifies education needs of staff and may assist in development of programs.
• Participates in periodic NP Program & practice evaluations (customer surveys, trend analysis, etc.) to assure quality clinical practice and demonstrate program effectiveness.
• Participation in internal or cross functional projects and teams.
The Nurse Practitioner should be able to assist the clinic Occupational Health Nurses as warranted to ensure efficient operations of the clinic.
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in nursing or equivalent education is required.
• Board certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner is required.
• An unrestricted RN and NP license in the state of New Jersey.
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience as a professional nurse is required
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in adult primary or acute care required.
• Must be eligible to dispense and prescribe medications in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)