Johnson & Johnson Careers
POST-DOCTORAL FELLOW BIOTHERAPEUTICS
Requisition ID: 9641180115
Janssen BioTherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated candidate to explore the rapidly expanding field of germinal center biology with a focus on B cell repertoire dynamics. Biotherapeutics represent the next generation of promising anti-cancer, anti-viral, and immunomodulatory therapies. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will harness a wealth of animal models and immunogens to explore the immune responses which drive antibody repertoire expansion and contraction, and how this leads to highly affinity-matured antibodies. The Fellow will work in a dynamic environment in a team and organization with broad and rich scientific expertise. The Fellow will gain experience working in a rigorous scientific environment and gaining valuable industry experience while helping uncover novel ways to generate some of the most promising therapies of the 21st Century.
The PostDoctoral Fellow will:
- Develop and execute scientific studies aimed at understanding the processes of T-B cell crosstalk and its role in antibody repertoire control
- Collaborate within ongoing projects aimed at developing novel immunization platforms
- Contribute to the scientific community by presenting work at international conferences as well as publishing manuscripts
- Gain experience in a rigorous laboratory setting while also obtaining valuable industry experience
- Suitable candidates will have a PhD in immunology, cell biology or a related field with an additional 2 years’ experience in relevant research.
- Required expertise in cell biology, flow cytometry, and immune phenotyping.
- Experience in molecular biology and sequence alignment is required.
- Experience in biostatistics is desired.
- The candidate should work independently on research projects, and be a creative and independent thinker.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)