Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, AAV Biologics
Requisition ID: 9639180814
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We seek a Molecular/ Cellular Biologist to join the team of scientist working to develop the next generation of Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV)-based human therapies.
The Senior Associate Scientist will:
- Use molecular biology and genome engineering technologies to develop new systems for large-scale production of AAV vectors
- Collaborate with therapeutic area leads and AAV manufacturing scientists to produce and test AAV vectors for development of therapeutic candidates
- Design and QC plasmid and viral vectors from CROs and research collaborators
- A Masters in Biomedical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Cell biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related field and at least 4 years of post-graduate laboratory experience is experience
- Strong molecular biology experience is required
- At least 2 years’ experience in plasmid construction, screening and sequencing is required
- Working knowledge (and preferable hands-on experience) with mammalian tissue culture, transfection, viral transduction, Cell line development, and CRISPR-mediated gene editing is preferred
- Experience producing and purifying AAV and/or lentivirus is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)