Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Biological Safety Specialist
Requisition ID: 9621180112
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability, the Principal Specialist provides technical leadership to the Biological Safety Program. The primary sites of responsibility are Spring House and Malvern, PA with possible support to proposed satellite locations. This role will be responsible for ensuring the biological safety programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. Responsible to partner and coach IOSS program leaders, drive completion of site self-assessments, and development of the Management Action Plan (MAP) for assigned programs.
This leader will work closely with various internal and external partners.
- Developing, implementing, and leading biosafety programs that minimize the risks of occupational exposure and ensure compliance with the guidelines for biological safety from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as well as a variety of local, state and federal biosafety-related regulations
- Handling federal, state and local biological safety-oriented permits and registrations.
- Advising on laboratory practices and establishing procedures to handle employee exposure risks associated with human source materials, viruses, bacteria, and recombinant DNA activities.
- Serving as Chairperson of the multi-site Institutional Biological Safety Committee including management of biological safety risk assessment and inventory documentation as well as delivering hazard specific training.
- Advising the Global Safety Data Sheet team on biological safety requirements to enable SDS development to support shipment and handling of Clinical Trial materials.
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or other Technical Field.
PE, CBSP, CIH, OR CSP PREFERRED
- You will need to have 10+ years of EHS experience
- You will be expected to have experience in an FDA regulated or highly regulated industry/GMP environment
- Strong Leader: Resilient, Tenacious and Persistent
- Confirmed Change Agent
- Excellent teammate
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements
- Clear and persuasive communicator, able to influence
- Problem solver
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and other consensus regulations/standards
- Classroom instructor skills
- Business management – produce & maintain project schedules & budgets
- Interfacing – associates & local, state & federal inspectors
- Organizational skills – generate all required reports & record keeping systems
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience in leading change to individual and organizational behavior impacting EHS results
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Environmental Health & Safety