Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior CPFR Analyst
Requisition ID: 9618180814
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Senior Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) Analyst will work in partnership with one or more of our key customers, Category Development Managers, Retail Channel Managers, Demand Planning as well as Supply Planning, to improve customer forecast accuracy and ensure proper replenishment of inventory with a goal to meet all internal and customer metrics on fill rate, inventory levels and promotional volume.
You will also work with internal/external partners by providing insight to improve the overall national forecasts. You will lead the overall Joint Value creation with key customers and have opportunities to be involved in benchmarking, attending industry conferences, partnering with CPFR counterparts in other J&J companies and regions to assess best practices to help improve the CPFR team in Canada. There will be opportunities to identify and lead improvement projects, which include integrated demand planning efforts, incorporating more advanced forecasting methodologies, as well as focusing on refining and optimizing the overall CPFR function.
The role will be based in the Markham office on a regular basis and may require working at retail locations in addition to a maximum of 10% domestic/U.S travel.
• Lead the development of Joint Value Creation opportunities with the customer
• Responsible for leading and developing Supply Chain specific Joint Business Plans in collaboration with the customer.
• Responsible for interacting at a higher level in customer facing situations influencing efficiencies and strategies on behalf of J&J.
• Lead all aspects of operational excellence including all supply processes, drive process improvements and solve customer issues at multiple levels.
• Support and collaborate with a top customer to ensure proper inventory is planned to support growth plans such as product launches, promotions and in store events.
• Provide analysis around key customer metrics such as inventory levels as well as fill rate both internally and externally. The analysis will be required on a weekly basis as well as ad hoc as required by the team or the customer.
• Prepare and participate in weekly reviews with the customer’s replenishment team as well as attending department reviews with category management, replenishment team and CDMs
• Identify opportunities to increase sales and/or minimize lost sales by focusing on store specific tactics.
• Monitor, analyze and make recommendations to better align internal forecast with customers demand levels.
• Develop and maintain relationships within Customer functional areas and ensure alignment with J&J initiatives. Be the key point of contact for customer's Replenishment team, conducting face to face meetings as necessary to accomplish objectives.
• Effectively communicate back to sales and cross functional team members regarding Customer objectives and initiatives.
• Work with Sales, Supply Chain and Customer to address behaviors that drive inefficiency and / or unnecessary cost into supply chain activities. Analyze service metrics in order to improve business practices resulting in value creation or waste elimination.
• University degree preferred.
• Minimum 4-6 years of experience in CPFR/business forecasting in a CPG environment.
• Minimum 2 years of Customer facing experience.
• Strong interpersonal, partnering skills, collaboration competencies, within and across organizations. Proven ability to cultivate strong business relationships.
• Extensive analytical skills, strong communication & presentation skills.
• Experience leading a team or projects that have evolved or furthered the customer maturation process of CPFR/ Replenishment. Proven leadership, analytical and critical thinking abilities are essential.
• Results and performance driven with bias for action & sense of urgency on priorities.
• Strong technical skills: SAP, Cognos, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access) and ability to quickly learn other customer specific proprietary systems.
• Retail Link, Tableau experience will be a plus.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)