Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Development Operations Management & Excellence Immunology
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9612190711
The Director of Development Operations Management & Excellence (DOME) will be responsible for Immunology TA operational excellence and will manage Development operations for the Immunology Development functional groups. The position will be responsible to create an integrated operational excellence and efficiency strategic roadmap for Immunology Development in alignment with Immunology Development Leadership Team and cross-functional partners including DMOA (PMO, GCDO), DPDS, and GCSO as well as other external experts, as appropriate. The position will manage the short-, medium-, and long-term resource planning for the Development organization needed to support and progress the Immunology portfolio. Additionally, the DOME Director will serve as a member of the Immunology Operations Committee (IOC), which is a cross R&D functional TA leadership team led by the DOME Leader that serves as a key platform to drive and optimize delivery of the end-to-end Immunology portfolio. The DOME Director will drive transparency to portfolio delivery through regular progress reports and the Immunology TA Score Card to the IOC and Immunology Development Leadership Team. The position will be responsible to lead strategic initiatives or projects to drive operational excellence and efficiencies for the Immunology TA. The DOME Director will foster team diversity, champion innovations and establish a proactive and lean approach as part of the Immunology culture.
1. Act as an Immunology Operations Point of Contact
• Create, maintain, and report on Immunology TA Score Card
• Lead development capacity and resource planning activities
• Initiate, manage, and lead projects or work groups as endorsed by the DOME Leader and the Immunology Development Leadership Team
2. Drive Immunology TA portfolio transparency and ensure readiness for financial updates
3. Ensure Immunology-based lessons learned and best practices are shared
4. Drive a culture of efficiency, transparency, and accountability across the Immunology Development organization
RESPONSIBILITIES OVER OTHERS:
• The position provides matrix leadership to cross functional teams. Team members will be at the level of Functional SPOCs, CDTLs, Clinical Leads, or as defined by functional assignments to specific projects or workgroups.
• The position may provide coaching and mentoring for other TA members as applicable.
• The Director can serve as a delegate, representing the DOME Leader, as appropriate.
• Actively build strategic connections within Immunology R&D and with other Janssen TA groups, leverage best practices and reduce redundancies. Closely collaborate with other Immunology Team members and DOME Leader to drive the Immunology Development operational goals.
University/college degree in a scientific discipline is required. An advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, MD, PhD) is desirable but not required. Minimum of 8 or more years of experience in Pharm (R&D preferred), in lead positions, along with global project management experience in biotech, pharma or CRO environment and experience in both early and late development are preferred. Proven leadership skills in a matrix environment is required, including the consistent demonstration of behaviors as defined in Leadership Imperatives (Live our Credo, Connect, Shape, Lead, Deliver).
Proven track record of both internal and external stakeholder management is required. Ability to provide strategic leadership, proven decision-making skills, strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills are required. Excellent communication and influencing skills and ability to establish strong relationships in a global matrix environment as well as the innate flexibility to work in a rapidly changing organization. In addition, the following competencies are required: collaboration and teaming, integrity and Credo based-actions, results- and performance-driven, sense of urgency, management of complexity, analytical skills, customer and external orientation.
Ability and willingness to travel up to 10-15% of the time, defined by business needs is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)