Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
In this role you will be responsible for both strategic and front-line support to critical OEM robotics suppliers. Responsible for “voice of customer” representation to suppliers. You will develop deep technical understanding of OEM robotic component design and manufacturing processes. You will also define the roadmap for both OEM and internal manufacturing & test capabilities to ensure a high-performing supply chain.
- Develop hands-on, strong technical understanding of the product robotic technology and construction
- Act as the internal subject matter expert of OEM assembly and QC processes
- Establish strong and transparent relationships with OEM robotics suppliers at both the design and manufacturing levels
- Communicate regular product performance metrics to OEM suppliers, develops KPIs and establishes escalation triggers
- Monitor OEM supplier internal yields and production challenges; provides “voice of customer” risk assessment perspective to OEM
- Develop continuous improvement internal and external roadmaps for manufacturing and test capabilities for robotic elements
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans in the event of a significant OEM supply chain disruption
- Partner with Service, Systems and Quality Engineering counterparts on inventory and risk management strategy
- Be a core team member for NPI development of new robotic suppliers and iterative improvements on existing components
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering; M.S. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ engineering related experience with complex electromechanical equipment/products required.
- Minimum of 3 years of robotics/mechatronics product experience in either a design or manufacturing role is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with early and/or late stage product development and transfer in a dynamic environment required.
- Experience managing external supplier relationships highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of robotics controls and firmware highly preferred.
- EtherCAT network protocol experience a plus.
- Capable with Solidworks and drafting standards required.
- Strong materials knowledge and best practices for mechanical assembly required.
- Agile product development (i.e. sprint-based) planning experience preferred.
- Proficiency with JIRA preferred.
- Fluency in French preferred but not required.
- This position will be located in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 50% travel in North America. Travel offsite with be once a quarter minimum and will vary; peak travel will be 1-2 weeks a month as business needs dictate.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)