Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director Franchise HEMA, Market Development & Commercial Execution
Requisition ID: 9602180420
The Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions (CSS) Franchise, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director Franchise Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) that will support US market development and commercial execution.
The CSS Franchise is a diverse group of companies with presence in multiple disease areas, including ENT, Neurovascular, breast reconstruction and aesthetics, disinfection/sterilization, and Electrophysiology, where we are the market leader.
Our culture and work environment value collaboration, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit and we strive to activate insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions that advance patient care in today’s evolving healthcare environment.
Under the direction and leadership of the HEMA Franchise Lead, the Associate Director Franchise HEMA, will work in close collaboration with Global Strategic Marketing, US Commerical Marketing, Medical Affairs, R&D and Clinical teams to ensure market access and competitive advantage of CSS products in a value-based US healthcare market by developing and executing strategies that integrate health economics, outcomes research and market access solutions.
- Supports US market development/therapy expansion initiatives, within the CSS Franchise and partners with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver against the business unit strategy;
- Works closely with multiple cross-functional partners, including Global Strategic Marketing, Business Development, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, US Commercial Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, R&D and Legal;
- Supports the development and execution of lifecycle evidence of value strategies that enable mrket access for CSS technologies and their commercial success;
- Manages research activities that include but are not limited to burden of illness, retrospective database studies, creation of economic models and value messaging, patient reported outcomes development and analysis, interpretation of economic, satisfaction and QoL endpoints and results;
- Closely collaborates with the Clinical Research team in the design of studies to support reimbursement and market access, including development of evidence utilizing real world data sources;
- Develops value tools including value dossiers, value briefs and economic models and effectively disseminates them to various staekeholders, including US commercial team;
- Gather critical voice of customer (VOC) from economic stakeholders to shape evidence development and collaborates closely with global partners to adapt and develop materials for economic stakeholders;
- Educates internal colleagues on the HEMA function and its role in creating value propositions for the non-clinical stakeholder throughout the product life cycle;
- Stays abreast of key US reimbursement and market access trends and assess the impact for CSS technologies.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Successful candidate will have a track record of success in evidence-based medicine, market development, health economics, reimbursement or health policy.
- Strong understanding of the US and a general knowledge of global reimbursement systems and market access trends, including Health Technology Assessment (HTA) processes.
- A collaborative attitude and ability to engage with a multi-functional, global team to provide input and influence decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to large audiences; detail-oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive market/therapy expansion and understand the implications of reimbursement and market access trends that will impact future product launches.
- Ability to take evidence and other complex data and package it into easy to understand deliverables that can support commercial use.
- Intellectual interest in keeping abreast of global market access and reimbursement trends.
- Solution-oriented, with the ability to offer creative options for problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferred advanced degree in a HEMA related discipline (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics, outcomes research or healthcare related field preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a highly regulated field and a minimum of 4 years of commercial medical device, pharma or consulting business is preferred.
- Possess the ability to work independently from strategy development (direct or indirect), to execution with multiple stakeholder types, including US commercial team deployment.
- Previous US market experience with a strong understanding of medical delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in the US is required.
- Solid knowledge of evidence needed to drive favorable US reimbursement and market access is required. Experience leading health economic or outcomes research studies from concept through publication (including management of research vendors or consultants) preferred.
- Previous US market development/therapy expansion experience highly desirable.
- Global experience desirable.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Health Economics R&D