The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Regulatory Law, for the Medical Devices Sector of Johnson & Johnson. The preferred location for this position is New Brunswick, NJ; Washington, DC; Raynham, Ma; West Chester, PA or Irvine, CA
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Be a member of the Global Regulatory Legal Team and provide specialized legal counsel and strategic advice to assigned companies and initiatives within the Medical Devices Sector of Johnson & Johnson.
- Provide legal counsel to senior management and other business partners on laws, regulations, industry standards, and company policies for issues arising throughout the product lifecycle, including product development, regulatory strategy, clinical research, advertising and promotion, reimbursement, post-market surveillance, and product quality.
- Provide legal counsel on interactions with healthcare providers, payors, patients, and other stakeholders in compliance with laws such as the U.S. Anti-Kickback Statute, the Beneficiary Inducement Statute, and industry codes such as the AdvaMed Code of Ethics for Interactions with Health Care Professionals.
- Advise on issues related to cybersecurity, data protection and privacy.
- Participate in policy development and training on health care compliance and regulatory legal topics.
- Engage in internal and external regulatory initiatives with trade associations and Johnson & Johnson policy teams.
- Work closely with global Law Department colleagues to provide efficient legal support.
- A J.D. or LL.M. with admission to and current good standing with the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience advising clients on U.S. regulatory matters is required; a focus on medical devices is preferred.
- Experience advising on health care compliance obligations, including state and federal fraud and abuse laws is required.
- Experience in a law firm advising clients in the life sciences industry on regulatory matters or in a regulatory agency, such as the U.S. Food & Drug Administration or the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, is required.
- Experience collaborating with teams across business functions and regions is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, excellent strategic and analytical skills, and will be an effective communicator who is comfortable interacting with senior business leaders.
- This position will require occasional travel within the United States.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-District of Columbia-Washington, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Johnson & Johnson (6067)