Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, NA Material Supply Management
Skillman, New Jersey; Lititz, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9588181210
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, NA Material Supply Management to be located in Skillman, NJ or Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Manager, NA Material Supply Management has full ownership for the reliable and agile supply of assigned incoming raw materials and/or packaging components within a specific commodity family or other grouping. The Manager, NA Material Supply Management maintains a strong relationship with regional and/or global Sourcing partners to ensure coordination and alignment of global Sourcing efforts with business partner needs, local business strategies, market dynamics, cost structures, and supplier capabilities. The incumbent collaborates with Source, Planning, Quality, and other cross-functional partners to drive Supply Chain accountability at a team and individual level, abiding by the spirit of the Johnson & Johnson Credo. The Manager, NA Material Supply Management ensures alignment and integration of projects and interdependent activities, with the objective of meeting all project and business commitments.
• Leads resolution of supply chain risks & issues, ensuring teams reach decisions or escalate as required.
• Consolidates, prioritizes, escalates and monitors all RPM supply related issues, projects and initiatives for assigned commodities, including “hypercare” activities.
• Communicates effectively across disciplines and levels to keep key stakeholders informed of project status, issues, conflicts, and mitigating actions, as necessary.
• Responsible for Supplier Performance Management. Creates and maintains supplier reliability metrics, leads Supplier S&OP, and drives supply-related continuous improvement activities.
• Develops processes for proactive issue avoidance through risk detection or mitigation of risks escalated by other functions. Anticipates potential risks and develops corresponding contingency plans.
• Supports Source to ensure Supply Chain requirements of RPM suppliers are balanced from a cost and service perspective and included in supplier engagements. Develops Joint Operating Expectations documents.
• Leads E2E materials management and the process to determine RPM MOQs and lead times based on an optimization model.
• Supports partner functions with key supplier-related initiatives (e.g., Zero Defects, SQE2, Supplier Days) and serves as the J&J “Supply Reliability” face to both the supply base and internal J&J customers and stakeholders.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required. A Business, Engineering, Science, Technical, or related degree is preferred. An MBA is preferred.
• A minimum of eight years of experience in one or more of the following is required: Strategic Sourcing/Procurement, Supply Planning, Manufacturing or similar Operations roles.
• An understanding of manufacturing operations is required.
• Experience in executive stakeholder presentations/management and demonstrate strength in analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal is required.
• A minimum of one year of people management experience, including management of remote teams, is preferred.
• Other related professional certifications (e.g., APICS, ISM, Process Excellence/Six Sigma) are preferred.
• Demonstrated negotiating and pre-negotiation planning experience is preferred.
• Experience with MRP systems, such as SAP is preferred.
• Strong project management skills are a preferred.
• Insight into End-to-End supply chain characteristics and understanding of financial processes such as business case development, P&L calculation, and COGS is preferred.
• This position may require travel up to 10% domestic travel as business demands.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)