Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Specialist, Professional Education (Dry Eye Disease)
Santa Ana, California
Requisition ID: 9581180813
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Professional Education (Dry Eye Disease) in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products designed for the evaluation, imaging, and treatment of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD), the leading cause of dry eye and ocular surface disease (OSD), and for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, and leading innovator in addressing MGD, a major contributor to dry eye, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
- The Senior Specialist, Professional Education (Dry Eye Disease) is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of professional education programs within the Americas cataract organization.
- They must maximize Professional Education resources for the efficient and effective delivery of Professional Education programs throughout major conferences and regional meetings throughout the Americas as needed.
- Responsibilities include development of didactic programs as well as other formats of peer-to-peer education, including live surgery.
- The specialist must collaborate and align priorities with sales, marketing and MD professional education leaders to develop annual education plans to support the business.
- The professional education leader will be responsible for developing proficiency metrics, and managing all supportive activities for education programs including site selection, content development, budget management, and communication of education tactics to sales and marketing.
- Candidate should have proven experience developing a thought leader group to support professional education programs.
- Education vehicles include but are not limited to articles, trade supplements, podium presentations, case studies, mentorship programs, advisor meeting reports, resident education and web-based education.
- The Senior Specialist, Professional Education will interact with physicians and internal marketing, clinical and R&D teams, reporting into the Senior Manager, Americas Professional Education & Communications.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Develop clinical content for region to educate doctors on relevant technologies
2. Development of educational presentations and case studies
3. Data collection and dissemination from customer/end user back to marketing team
4. Vendor and publication agency relationship management/event management
Position Accountability / Scope
Reports into the Sr. Manager of Professional Education & Communications
Highly effective communications skills (oral/written).
Must be highly and able to multitask many projects while coordinating feedback internally and externally
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and education content development and execution is required.
Ophthalmology experience is required
Dry eye experience preferred
Demonstrated experience of healthcare compliance requirements regarding speaker engagement is preferred.
Demonstrated multitasking and project management skills.
Demonstrated written and communication skills.
Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
Seeking highly motivated, self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of high powered team.
Must be able to collaborate across multiple departments and able to communicate effectively with higher level colleagues and executive leadership.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)