Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Reagent Generation and External Biologics Discovery
Requisition ID: 9579190314
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., and Janssen BioTherapeutics is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Reagent Generation and External Biologics Discovery to be located in Springhouse, PA.
At JBIO we are leaders in developing biologic solutions for the treatment of challenging and complex diseases, and we aspire to translate scientific discoveries into transformational medicines that will make significant contributions to human health. Through our entrepreneurial culture of innovation, we take unique approaches to exploring and developing new therapeutic platforms to treat unmet medical needs.
We partner with experts in five therapeutic areas—Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines and Cardiovascular and Metabolism—to provide a strategic balance of technical, scientific and clinical capabilities. We also work closely with Janssen Pharmaceutical Development, Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) and the Global Regulatory Affairs organization on development and lifecycle management to ensure that high-quality biologic drug products are provided to patients. Such integration and planning across disciplines is critical to success and means that we are involved in every stage of the process.
This Senior Director will be responsible and accountable for leading multiple functions within Biologics Discovery including Reagent Generation and External Biologics Discovery. The role will support projects in all therapeutic areas for Janssen (Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases). They must bring strong leadership and organizational skills and in-depth technical knowledge about the Biologics Discovery process. They must be able to manage an extensive portfolio of internal and external programs, balancing appropriate resources based on project priority. This Senior Director must exhibit excellent collaboration as they will interface with other functions within discovery, development, external CROs, and the therapeutic areas.
Additional responsibilities include participating with senior leaders in management to drive success and meet productivity goals of Biologics Discovery and the Janssen BioTherapeutics organization.
- Responsible and accountable for end-to-end external Biologics Discovery
- Responsible for Reagent Generation supporting the entire internal and external pipeline for Biologics Discovery
- Be an effective leader of the group and be responsible for driving productivity and delivering results with a sense of urgency
- Responsible for the development of all employees including management development and training to meet current and future business needs
- Sets priorities and objectives of managers and scientific staff, as directed by agreed upon Therapeutic Area (TA) needs
- Identify key issues and allocate resources to support goals and support stage gate progression of preclinical candidates
- Possess in-depth and current knowledge of biologics discovery technologies
- Assist in directing efforts in management for Biologics Discovery
- Author patents, publications and trade secrets
- Support preparation of regulatory documents
- Work adeptly in a matrix environment and act as internal consultant in areas of expertise
- Apply subject matter expertise to evaluations of external collaborations, acquisitions, technologies
- A minimum of a PhD is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of people management is required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver/generate quality antibodies using in vivo approaches through patents and/or publications
- In depth understanding of in vivo maturation and immunization approaches for generating high affinity and high-quality antibodies for diverse set of targets is required
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and demonstrated ability to swiftly identify appropriate technology collaborations is required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results leveraging a combination of internal and external resources is required
- Experience working with Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases therapeutic areas is preferred
- Team leadership and experience in matrixed environment is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)