Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Program Manager, R&D, Surgical Robotics (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 9579180112
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Program Manager, Surgical Robotics, R&D, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
In this Program Manager role, you are responsible for providing overall project management leadership and support. In this role, you will interact with all levels within the Robotics group, as well as throughout the organization, and with outside companies, partners, and suppliers. This position also interacts with project directors, managers, and multi-functional project team members.
DUTIES, ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will support the project director in defining project scope, tracking progress, facilitating team discussions and conflict resolution as needed.
- You will develop, maintain, and track detailed functional timelines and budgets that feed into an integrated project plan.
- You will identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables and achievements, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- You will work with multi-functional team members to track project activities, key deliverables, timelines; follow-up on action items to ensure completion and execution to timelines.
- You will develop and present project updates, status reports, and dashboards as needed to communicate project progress, risks and mitigations to the team and multi-functional leadership.
- You will work with project sub-teams, as needed, to ensure project progress and execution excellence.
- You will coordinate and lead project team meetings.
- You will prepare meeting agendas, document and distribute meeting minutes and action items as needed.
- You will run day-to-day operational aspects of a project, develop and track WIGs, and scope as assigned.
- You will ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- You will update sections of departmental project status reports as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED
- Knowledge & Skills
- Able to work & lead teams independently in a dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership, influencing, organizational, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under time-constraints to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Great social skills and ability to interact and communicate professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6+ years relevant work experience, required, including at least 3 years of project coordination or project management experience, preferably in the biotech, pharmaceutical or device industries.
- Technical or engineering degree, preferred.
- Project Management certification a plus, but not required.
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office programs, preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Project, preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)