Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Platform Staff Scientist, Beauty
Requisition ID: 9574181210
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Global Platform Staff Scientist, Beauty to be based in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
He/she conducts research directed toward discovery and/or development on a large research and development project or a number of small projects with many complex features under minimal direction using established and novel technology. He/she acts as a team leader or project accountable. In this role, he/she plans and executes experiments, presents data and conclusions with appropriate statistical analysis, and initiates, writes, and approves technical reports. He/she leads the research and development deliverables associated with quality and business processes governing new product development. He/she adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives, and engages in Credo-based decision-making.
• Work toward the identification, assessment and development of new scientific concepts and technologies.
• Work independently to perform research of a complex nature where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation of various identifiable factors in one or more areas.
• Practice continuous improvement in the development of new or refined materials, processes, products and/or scientific procedures.
• Ensure quality conduct of projects, including design, data summary and interpretation, report and manuscript preparation and review and adherence to applicable regulations.
• Make decisions regarding analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, and arriving at timely technical decisions.
• Modify methodology to improve the quality, accuracy, and usefulness of data.
• Record accurately information obtained in projects.
• Ensure that records and raw data are properly retained
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field (Physics, Chemistry or Biology preferred) with eight (8)+ years of experience in R&D, or a Master’s degree with five (5)+ years of experience in R&D, or a PhD with two (2)+ years of experience in R&D
• Strong business acumen and knowledge of contact lens products and competitive landscape;
• Experience with the application of principles, concepts and practices of the research & development of novel contact lens materials, designs or processes, including associated quality systems;
• Basic knowledge of Ocular & Clinical Science and Physiology;
• Demonstrated record of completing projects;
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external resources to meet project objectives;
• Familiarity with statistical analysis and design of experiments;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• This role is based in Jacksonville, FL and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)