Johnson & Johnson Careers
Parts Fabricator Tech 1 (2nd Shift)
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 9556180112
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Parts Fabricator Tech 1 and located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
The Parts Fabricator Tech 1 will be responsible for:
• Reading, interpret and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Read diagrams, sketches, blueprints, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
• Work within engineering safety guidelines, checking with engineering on material and operation acceptability of all parts used inside classified hazardous areas.
• Maintain general housekeeping within the department, keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Be capable of machining to tolerances of at least +/- 0.005”
• Work from simple sketches, verbal instructions, and can fabricate similar or modified parts utilizing existing sample parts for patterns.
• Understands blueprints for the purpose of fabrication of and/or repair of simple machine components.
• With direction, lays out work for machining and fitting.
• Possesses a good knowledge of shop math.
• Uses proper tools in the process of making finished parts.
• Knowledgeable of and can use the machinist handbook.
• Performs necessary bench work using proper tools and works to specified tolerances.
• Assists other machinist in performing jobs requiring assistance in lifting, handling, component disassembly, etc.
• Avoid waste of raw materials in doing work.
• Willing and able to obtain Yellow Belt training/certification.
• Attend and successfully completes required training as well as keeping abreast of changes in process control methods and practices especially as they may apply to ETHICON, Inc.
This position pays $20.80/hour and is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment. The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.
Safety glasses, safety shoes/boots and a uniform allowance will be provided, including insurance benefits outlined by the company.
• A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
• The ability to operate power tools and hand tools is required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Minimum of two years of technical school, military training, or equivalent OJT (On the job training) in operating machinery to produce or repair parts, tools or equipment, along with a record of accomplishments in this field.
• Previous experience in a machine shop is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of design/drafting with ability to clearly and accurately annotate schematic diagrams.
• Standard hours are 2nd shift (3:00pm-11:30pm), Monday-Friday, but may require occasional overtime, weekends, and some holidays.
• Successful completion of WORKKEYS with a scores of (5) FIVE or higher on all ETHICON required modules GOLD Level.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)