Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Immune-Oncology Research & Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9545181207
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Immuno-Oncology Research & Development, in the Oncology Therapeutic Area located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As the Director, Immuno-Oncology Research & Development, Oncology you will lead Janssen’s research efforts directed towards the discovery and development of therapeutics that function as immune modulators for the treatment of cancer and formulating and executing Janssen’s Immuno-Oncology strategy across areas of disease focus including Lung, Prostate and Colon Cancer and Hematologic malignancies.
- Establish a world-class research infrastructure to build a robust product portfolio of Immuno-Oncology assets, principally biologics and also small molecules.
- Provide leadership to various pre-clinical activities including leading early- and late-stage research programs.
- Develop and implement Immuno-Oncology strategies moving programs from research to clinical testing, and help in developing strategies to make valuable contributions to existing clinical programs
- Develop and advance the platform technologies
- Serve as the central point of contact for the internal tumor immunology portfolio and interact with key partners including Oncology leaders, the Immunology TA and the Biologics Research and Development groups.
- Work closely with leaders to develop and implement an Immuno-Oncology strategy within their focus area and support ongoing programs. Envision and implement the strategy to identify and deliver high value tumor immunology research and craft strategies that support the Oncology therapeutic area growth objectives.
- Build an extensive external network of leaders with vision in the field of tumor immunology and seek out and develop strategic partnerships, champion them for internal adoption, implement and execute these projects.
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities and alliances. Serve as a scientific guide in Immuno-Oncology related drug discovery and provide strategic and scientific recommendations on emerging opportunities for Oncology R&D.
- Represent company at meetings and to potential collaborators, identify and establish outside collaborations, and build relationships across Johnson & Johnson sectors and with other companies, foundations, academia, or other potential partners to support the Oncology Franchise.
- Manage and mentor a large scientific team.
- Present and assemble complex data sets.
- Interact with multiple partners in a matrix environment.
- Manage team budget.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of a Ph.D. degree with post-doctoral experience and greater than 9+ (associate Director) or 12+ years (Director) business experience OR 3-5 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Sr. Principal Scientist/Associate Scientific Director level OR the equivalent training/experience is required
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor a large scientific team(s) and direct and/or indirect people management experience is required
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple Discovery Programs is required
- Ability to present and assemble complex data sets is required
- Ability to interact in a matrix environment is required
- Must be well published
- Up to 20% global travel required
- Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)