Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Expression Sciences
Requisition ID: 9535190314
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., and Janssen BioTherapeutics is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Expression Sciences to be located in Springhouse, PA.
At JBIO we are leaders in developing biologic solutions for the treatment of challenging and complex diseases, and we aspire to translate scientific discoveries into transformational medicines that will make significant contributions to human health. Through our entrepreneurial culture of innovation, we take unique approaches to exploring and developing new therapeutic platforms to treat unmet medical needs.
We partner with experts in five therapeutic areas—Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience, Infectious Diseases and Vaccines and Cardiovascular and Metabolism—to provide a strategic balance of technical, scientific and clinical capabilities. We also work closely with Janssen Pharmaceutical Development, Manufacturing Sciences (PDMS) and the Global Regulatory Affairs organization on development and lifecycle management to ensure that high-quality biologic drug products are provided to patients. Such integration and planning across disciplines is critical to success and means that we are involved in every stage of the process.
This Senior Director will be responsible and accountable for leading Expression Sciences within Biologics Discovery. The role will support projects in all therapeutic areas for Janssen (Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases). They must bring strong leadership and organizational skills and in-depth technical knowledge about the expression and purification of biologics and they must possess an excellent working knowledge of the end to end biologics discovery process. They must be able to manage an extensive portfolio of programs, balancing appropriate resources based on project priority. This Senior Director must exhibit excellent collaboration as they will interface with other functions within discovery and development.
Additional responsibilities include participating with senior leaders in management to drive success and meet productivity goals of Biologics Discovery and the Janssen BioTherapeutics organization.
- Responsible and accountable for Expression Sciences function within Biologics Discovery
- Responsible for functional support of the entire pipeline for Biologics Discovery
- Be an effective leader of the group and be responsible for driving productivity and delivering results with a sense of urgency
- Responsible for the development of all employees including management development and training to meet current and future business needs
- Sets priorities and objectives of managers and scientific staff, as directed by agreed upon Therapeutic Area (TA) needs
- Identify key issues and allocate resources to support goals and support stage gate progression of preclinical candidates
- Possess in-depth and current knowledge of expression and purification technologies including high throughput and automate methodologies
- Assist in directing efforts in management for Biologics Discovery
- Author patents, publications and trade secrets
- Support preparation of regulatory documents
- Work adeptly in a matrix environment and act as internal consultant in areas of expertise
- Apply subject matter expertise to evaluations of external collaborations, acquisitions, technologies
- A minimum of a PhD is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of people management is required
- Experience in protein expression and protein purification is required
- Demonstrated leadership in collaborating with stake-holders and leading in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated leadership in implementing new technologies
- Demonstrated leadership in mentoring and development of people
- Must have experience leading external activities and collaborations with partners
- Experience with antibodies and multispecific antibodies preferred
- Experience with high throughput automation preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)