Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing
Requisition ID: 9532180814
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), is recruiting for a Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing located in Irvine. The ability to travel up to 30% worldwide, including weekends for conferences or events is required.
Advanced Sterilization Products designs and delivers innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
The Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, is an important position within the team at ASP. This talented individual will help develop & execute the Global Strategic Marketing strategy and portfolio strategy, under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing.
The Marketing Manager will maximize the value of ASPs existing product lines, while contributing to the development of our future product portfolio strategy. Resulting programs and products will be developed with cross-functional teams and launched on a worldwide basis. This position will serve as a member on product development core teams collaborating with multiple functions including: R&D, Clinical & Regulatory, Education & Training and Supply Chain among others.
You will become a product expert on ASP product lines and work closely with our regional commercial marketing partners around the world to drive revenue growth and market share gains. You will identify unmet needs through the design and execution of global Voice of Customer (VOC) activities and will translate these needs into viable customer solutions. The Manager will also develop new product value propositions, develop solutions, and launch them globally. Product / program launch responsibilities include brand development, delivering global training, and collaboration with regional commercial marketing and education teams to ensure seamless introductions worldwide.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
- Develops and manages strategic marketing plans and programs to grow the business and meet/exceed global Business Plan forecasts
- Develops strategies for creating new marketing claims for existing products, as well as evidence generation and dissemination plans to support adoption
- Develops and executes life cycle management strategies for existing product lines
- Represents the marketing function on cross-functional new product core teams
- Works closely with R&D to develop next generation of pipeline products and procedural techniques / workflows
- Accountable for developing marketing plans for new products/solutions worldwide in alignment with commercial groups
- Develops financial models supporting New Product Development opportunities globally, taking into consideration regional variations & various stages of market maturity
- Collaborates with Market and Business Insight groups for all competitive intelligence and competitive information related to the product portfolio
- Collaborates with the Business Development team to assess and recommend new market entry strategies for existing or adjacent opportunities
- Designs product launch strategies, tactics, timelines and metrics for success
- Executes aligned global product launch plans, including, positioning, pricing & promotional aspects for new products
- Delivers project updates to senior management
- Formulates claims development for new products, working with Medical Affairs, Regulatory, and Clinical Operations
- Delivers product training at global launch training programs
- Ensures product knowledge is effectively transferred to commercial regional groups and field organizations
- Ensures business continuity through demand planning and forecasting activities with regional commercial marketing partners
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing (or related business degree), Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Nursing or other medical field is required; a Master’s Degree in either business administration, engineering, or marketing is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of business experience is required
- Prior experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a product marketing or sales role is strongly preferred
- A track record of success in product strategy development, launch planning, market analysis / assessment is preferred
- Prior experience in an instrument processing or infection prevention firm is preferred
- Strong financial acumen (P&L, NPV, etc.) is preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
- Strong analytical skills (proficient in Excel, projections, trending, data analysis, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills (proficient in PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy, innovative environment
- Ability to learn complex technology/clinical applications and take initiative
- Infection prevention or instrument processing technology knowledge is preferred
- Strategic-minded with superior collaboration skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are driving a world of industry-leading innovation taking place right here in California, every day. In a state known for cutting-edge technology, discover a group of companies known for transforming the future of health care. Watch our talented employees passionately speak to the broad range of opportunities for personal fulfillment, career flexibility and professional growth that inspire them to feed their passion here http://youtu.be/hUO6xtsudoA
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)