Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Scientist II-Supply Chain & Digital Analytics
Requisition ID: 9529181207
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics (“JJSC DNA”) group is recruiting for a Data Scientist II who will apply innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J offices in USA, with preferred location in New Jersey.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data on a large scale - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge advanced analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. The Data Scientist II role will draw on a wide palette of optimization modelling, mathematics, statistics, and programming techniques to uncover business insights hidden within the data, obtain business intelligence and support data-driven decision-making in operations and supply chain, and contribute technical depth in driving high-impact deployment of innovative solutions across JJSC. The scope of responsibility encompasses analytics-based decision support across J&J Global Supply Chain organization at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Develop and deploy management control systems with optimization models and simulation models to effectively support data-driven decision-making and achieve significant business improvement in manufacturing parts and products.
- Manage and execute project activities throughout problem framing, data collection, model development, testing, deployment, results tracking and continuous improvement phases.
- Perform data cleaning, quality assessment, pre-processing and analysis.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups (e.g., manufacturing, operations, procurement, engineering, quality assurance, supply chain planning, materials management, logistics) to identify analytics application opportunities.
- Utilize a diverse array of cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud), open source technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, Python, etc.
- Provide written and verbal communications such as business cases, project progress reports and documentation to management and business partners.
- Actively contribute to internal knowledge base through Wikis, Forums and other collaboration mechanisms.
Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science or other related quantitative disciplines. A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in these fields is strongly preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Preferred 1-2 years of industry experience (with Master’s degree and above) solving business problems through application of statistical or deploying O.R. mathematical models and advanced analytics in operations and supply chain areas.
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills. Hands-on skill with databases, SQL query, and Excel Pivot Table is required.
- Strong technical competency and hands-on skills in developing optimization models (e.g., LP, MIP, NLP, QP, CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress) and decision support tools.
- Passion for solving complex business problems through the innovative combination of data and new AI cloud technologies
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using Tableau, Qlik, D3, Power BI, etc.
- Background in manufacturing and supply chain is a plus.
- Experience with simulation software (e.g., Arena, Crystal Ball, Risk Solver Platform) is preferred.
- Experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Effective verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Ability to travel up to twenty percent of the time, including international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
North America-United States-New York-New York, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)