Johnson & Johnson Careers
Technical Associate Co-op
Requisition ID: 9519180112
- Under minimal supervision, performs all responsible tasks necessary to operate, troubleshoot, service, adjust, repair and maintain facilities equipment and utilities supporting manufacturing processes.
- Able to perform a variety of tasks included but not limited to monitoring and adjustment of utilities to improve throughput, equipment efficiency, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Able to perform routine cleaning, housekeeping and non-routine maintenance with adherence to all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures.
- Able to communicate & coordinate with customers and stakeholders regarding schedule and impact of work being performed.
- Proficient in the use of various types of instrumentation to service, maintain and repair all types of air conditioning equipment and refrigeration systems.
- Working knowledge of DDC, pneumatic and electronic controls, VAV boxes, hot water and steam heating systems, large tonnage chillers including related pumps.
- Capable to analyze, troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment in both a Team setting and independently.
- Work with computerized building automation system to monitor, operate, and adjust environmental and process temperature and humidity controls to ensure efficient operations.
- Read, understand, and work with blue prints, drawings, diagrams, and service and repair manuals.
- Work with Engineering and/or contractors in the design, layout, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC systems throughout the facility.
The Company’s management reserves the right to add, delete or otherwise alter assigned duties at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School diploma or its equivalent. Technical certification or relative trade experience. Vocational School graduate specializing in HVAC (2 year program).
Experience: Minimum 2 years in a commercial environment is required. Experience in a regulated, automated industry is preferred. Pharmaceutical/GMP experience is preferred.
Physical Demands: Heavy work that requires physical effort. It also requires communication skills, hand-eye coordination and ability to move. Involves body movement such as: reclining, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling, and climbing up and down stairs and ladders. Requires movement of objects such as: pulling, throwing, carrying, lifting and pushing. It also requires auditory discrimination, near, medium and distant visual discrimination, depth perception, color vision and visual field; gross and fine, manual and mechanical skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Read and write English, knowledgeable on drafts and diagrams reading and repair manuals interpretation. Blueprint reading. Basic knowledge in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.).
The ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment (independently at times) in a safe, compliant, and effective fashion is essential to this role.
Excellent verbal and documentation skills are required for this role as it includes interactions with government and company auditors/inspectors.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
The ability to work in a highly integrated team environment providing strong support to teammates and customers.
Demonstrated ability to operate machine shop equipment (e.g. drill press, band saws, etc.)
Certifications/Licenses: EPA certification in refrigerant handling.
Leadership Imperative Requirements: Measures based on integrity and the Credo, sense of urgency, encouraged by results and performance, collaboration and teamwork, self-appreciation and adaptability.
Other Requirements: Able to work extra hours, at night or on week-ends and irregular shifts. Able to respond to emergency calls. Able to support other departments or projects according to business needs. Willingness to be on call for off hours, holidays, and weekends.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)