Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 9504180814
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
C-SATS offers a personalized performance management platform developed by a team of surgeons, engineers and biostatisticians at the University of Washington. C-SATS is subscription-based and enables surgeons to upload surgical videos for assessment by expert surgeons and trained reviewers who provide objective and confidential feedback on technical skills.
C-SATS is the AI platform for surgery. Our systems and processes are on the verge of massive scale. We need a self-motivated, high-performance Senior Software Engineer to help us realize our vision. You'll solve challenging and important problems on a daily basis. You'll write reliable and elegant services to keep our customers zealous about our company and its products. By joining C-SATS you will become part of a tight-knit team committed to growing a company through the constant effort of helping our customers reach their goals.
Why This Matters:
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individuals’ skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their patients.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years professional software engineering experience
- Well-rounded experience with many programming languages, platforms, protocols/RFCs
- Experience with many data storage systems such as relational/SQL, NoSQL, columnar store, graph databases
- Experience with distributed/cluster computing
- 7+ years experience with the command line and Free/Libre/Open Source Software
- 7+ years experience with Linux-based operating systems, especially Ubuntu and Android
- Experience with natural language processing, machine learning, and computer vision
- Passion for learning and mastering new technologies quickly, especially the technologies we use
- Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers and coworkers
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Work full-time in Seattle, WA