Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Manager, Innovation & Pipeline - Ocular Surface
Requisition ID: 9500180420
Johnson & Johnson Vision is currently recruiting for a Sr Manager, Innovation & Pipeline – Ocular Surface to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded its footprint in eye health with the acquisitions of Abbott Medical Optics (cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK), and consumer eye health), Sightbox, and Tear Science and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager provides critical support to the Strategy Director in driving a major part of the global Ocular Surface innovation and pipeline agenda focused on the equipment & device technologies across Johnson&Johnson Vision. The role includes assisting with developing, aligning and adjusting the global platform innovation and pipeline strategy and leading commercial progress through new product development stages. A key element of this position will be the partnership with R&D, Business Development and other relevant functions across Vision Care & Surgery to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon. Key metric will be maintaining a high freshness index for the Ocular Surface Platform.
The Senior Manager partners with the Director who owns the platform innovation and pipeline vision and strategic plan and is accountable for delivering on the vision and strategic plan with insight-driven business and marketing strategies for new solutions.
- Collaborates with the R&D leader and cross-functional team to contribute significantly to the development of a rolling 7-year innovation and pipeline plan for the Ocular Surface platform, including customer insight development, market assessments and defining new business and product opportunities.
- Proactively identifies new areas of innovation to drive platform growth – including but not limited to new products, business models, strategic partnerships, claims and benefit messaging, and packaging.
- Leads commercial aspects of new product development projects through early stage-gate process, including creating the global business case from regional input and demand forecasts, defining the value proposition from customer insights, and crafting marketing strategy (including leading brand strategy and collaborating on other commercial aspects – e.g., product positioning, claims strategy, pricing, etc.).
- Leads the enrollment of cross-functional and regional partners and leadership to the global business case and commercial strategy for new products entering the stage-gate process.
- Collaborates with downstream Global Brand Management and regional partners across Vision Surgery & Vision Care to ensure brand consistency and global launch success by participating in later stage-gate launch strategy development and execution for new products.
- Supports strategy results tracking and initiates continuous improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive marketing experience or equivalent in healthcare marketing (to consumers or professionals) required.
- Global new product strategy or new product development marketing experience required with a demonstrated record of marketing leadership.
- Global brand management experience preferred, including but not limited to, brand strategy development, integrated communications/advertising delivery, business plan development / execution, and/or classical marketing training.
- Prior experience working with market research, advertising agencies and agency management is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional and senior management to impact decision-making is required as well as a track record in identifying winning consumer insights, growth opportunities, and priorities.
- Prior commercial line management experience with coaching and mentoring skills to develop team members is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working with Global R&D, Legal, Regulatory, and Clinical partners is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)