Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Design Strategist, IXS - Johnson & Johnson Design
Requisition ID: 9487180420
Who we are:
J&J Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Design Strategist to be located in New York, NY. As the internal design studio for Johnson & Johnson, J&J Design works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Device and Corporate. We collaborate with our business partners, driving transformational innovation with our use of design thinking. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to profoundly change the trajectory of human health. Thriving on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will work on project teams at the forefront of creating new, care-centered experiences across all of J&J’s business sectors. You will work on large projects and lead teams that drive design-led innovation into a wide variety of J&J businesses. You are a solid insight and inspiration provider to teams. You love to develop novel ways of creating empathy, doing synthesis, reframing challenges, facilitating idea generation, developing concepts, prototyping, systems thinking and storytelling. You might have used these methods in either start-ups, consulting or corporate environments. Your growth potential is enormous because of your curiosity, initiative, reach, and accountability. You will lead by example and in accordance with the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Scoping, planning and conducting primary, secondary, and analogous research
- Developing insights and generating insights-based ideas and solution ecosystems
- Working with teams to develop metrics for experience ecosystems
- Persuasive, rigorous storytelling using diverse media/tools to communicate insights, frameworks, ecosystem level solutions, and business models / implications
- Creating project deliverables: pitch decks with business cases, project briefs, insight presentations, etc.
- Preparing and co-facilitating workshops for large multi-disciplinary groups and projects
- Visualizing, prototyping and presenting frameworks, insights, concepts and preferred experiences
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in human-centered design is required.
- Clear, concise writing, speaking, and presentation skills are required.
- The ability to inspire, persuade, grow, and potentially lead project teams is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity successfully, e.g., work experience on complex projects which you can demonstrate how your role made impact is required.
- Systems approach to design and value creation, with demonstrated ability to identify relevant assumptions and to model value, potential ROI, etc. is preferred.
- Novel, experimental design research/insight-gathering methodologies is preferred
- Synthesis, Workshop design, Facilitation
- Experience with Business modeling and/or business strategy
- Experience with Data science is desired.
- This position is based in New York, New York. Travel up to 25% required.
- Portfolio link must be included on each resume to be considered.
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)