Johnson & Johnson Careers
Mitek Product Development Engineer Co-op
Requisition ID: 9482190315
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for R&D Co-ops located in Raynham, Massachusetts.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
As a co-op in the Mitek R&D department, the individual will have the opportunity to use state of the art tools, observe world class surgeons in DePuy Synthes training facility, and take advantage of on-site training courses. We have a number of opportunities available for students in variety of areas:
- The ideal candidates are third year to graduate level self-motivated mechanical or biomechanical/biomedical engineering students with an interest in anatomic repair and/or medical devices for the orthopedic market.
- The candidates should have 3-D modeling skills (NX Unigraphics or Creo preferred), experience using hand tools and performing mechanical testing, demonstrated problem solving capabilities, and the ability to communicate technical information.
- These Co-Ops will be working in a cross-functional group (QA/MFG/RD/MKT) supporting one of our many projects.
- Opportunities exist to work on soft tissue repair (rotator cuff, labrum, ACL, meniscus, etc.) solutions, shoulder reconstruction implants and associated instruments, or electro-mechanical systems and their respective disposables (such as tube sets, powered blades and burrs, powered hand pieces, etc.).
- This individual will work with a senior level engineer(s) supporting various product development activities that may include implant and instrument design, test fixture design, performing product testing and writing testing reports, creating and managing design control documentation, etc.
- The individual will also have a chance to work with surgeons in a cadaveric setting assessing device performance and obtaining surgeon feedback.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Biomechanical, or Biomedical).
- Only students in their sophomore year or above will be considered.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time (40 hrs/week) during the Fall (July - December) 2019 semester.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA. Students must be able to provide their own transportation since this location is not within walking distance from the train station.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)