Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 9482180814
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
C-SATS offers a personalized performance management platform developed by a team of surgeons, engineers and biostatisticians at the University of Washington. C-SATS is subscription-based and enables surgeons to upload surgical videos for assessment by expert surgeons and trained reviewers who provide objective and confidential feedback on technical skills.
C-SATS is the AI platform for surgery. Our systems and processes are on the verge of massive scale. We need a DevOps Specialist to help us meet our ambitious technological growth objectives. You will own and manage our cloud server infrastructure, helping us meet current and future customer demands for uptime, security, and performance. You will lead tech, tooling and processes to improve developer productivity via continuous integration and automated testing. You will lead security initiatives to measure and improve our security at all levels.
Why This Matters:
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individuals’ skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their patients.
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of the C-SATS SaaS platform, underlying infrastructure, and on-premise hardware solutions
- Participate on an agile software development team including routine scrum meetings, planning, and grooming activities
- Architect new features and enhancements to the C-SATS web, mobile, and on-premise PaaS/IaaS/FaaS backends
- Measurably improve developer velocity from dev workstation tooling, distributed version control, unit/integration/e2e tests, CI/CD pipelines
- Conscientiously grow the existing C-SATS AWS services and infrastructure
- Design and implement new backend solutions to optimize operations for cost, performance, and scalability across all engineering efforts
- Design, implement, maintain, and optimize the operational infrastructure and Kubernetes orchestration platform powering C-SATS' SaaS offering
- Partner with the C-SATS product team and other stakeholders to meet immediate and longer-term objectives for the C-SATS platform
- Periodically refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
- Meet company-wide metrics for SLAs, security (BC/DR exercises), and design within controls such as HIPAA/HITECH, OWASP, HITRUST, and recommendations such as the AWS well-architected framework
- Maintain an up-to-date familiarity with new and emerging technologies and techniques, bringing solutions to the organization when and where applicable that can improve the value proposition and efficiency of the overall platform
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5 years experience with cloud computing and DevOps
- 5 years with distributed/cluster computing
- 7 years experience with the command line and Free/Libre/Open Source Software
- 5 years experience with UNIX-like operating systems
- 2 years experience with containers (Docker preferred)
- Well-rounded experience with many programming languages, platforms, protocols/RFCs
- Experience with data storage systems such as relational/SQL, NoSQL, columnar store, graph databases
- Networking expertise
- Passion for learning and mastering new technologies quickly, especially thetechnologies we use
- Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers and coworkers
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Work full-time in Seattle, WA