The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for the Senior Director, Value Stream Leader (VSL) to be based in Santa Ana, CA. This Executive is responsible for the deployment and leadership of the Product and Portfolio Management processes of the J&J Operating System (JJOS). These processes are owned by a cross functional product Value Stream Team (VST), led by the VSL, who also delivers on all aspects of the Supply Chain as it relates to New Product Introduction. This critical position serves as the lead Supply Chain representative in one or more Global Platform Teams to develop and deploy Supply Chain strategies necessary to deliver the Franchise Strategic Plan.
The VSL must ensure commercialization from design through post-launch, meeting the established project objectives in collaboration with NPD and Commercial partners. Through the leadership of Value Stream Teams (VST), this Executive is responsible for ensuring that multi-functional inputs are obtained to develop the VST strategies and plans, identify and mitigate risks, and prioritize all critical initiatives. Additionally, this role will collaborate with interdependent partners such as the Medical Device Supply Chain, Deliver, Commercial and R&D to ensure a sustainable supply of new products, current products, business continuity planning (BCP), and competitive costs. This Executive provides direct leadership to Directors, Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers and various others to ensure all aspects of the business regarding platform teams, Value Stream teams and the supply chain (SC) are being met. S/he is also accountable for the Global New Product Process (GNPP, or equivalent process), Lifecycle Management Initiatives, third party manufacturing, and other broad SC projects. Adhering to environmental policy, procedures, and supporting department environmental objectives, as well as the ability to exercise considerable initiative and judgement are also key to being successfull in this position.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will vary for all positions and the scope of individual roles may not be limited to the contents of this position description. Procedures will define responsibilities from time to time and each manager is responsible for complying with these processes, which supplant any responsibility outlined within. As such, adherence to company procedures is also a responsibility of any roles encompassed within this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Bachelor’s degree within a technical or engineering discipline is preferred; an Advanced degree is preferred.
- Twelve (12) + years of business experience is required.
- Demonstrated department leadership experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of business experience leading new product development, commercialization, and / or launch is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of business experience partnering with R&D organizations and Supply Chain is required; experience in High Speed Automation Engineering and / or R&D Product or Process Development is required.
- Experience working within the Medical Device industry is preferred; experience with Lens / IOL manufacturing or design is an asset.
- Demonstrated success managing product and / or process integrations is required; superior data analysis and statistical skills are required.
- Working knowledge of FDA, ISO and BSI requirements is preferred.
- Strong business acumen with solid understanding of end-to-end supply chain processes.
- Five (5)+ years of Project Management experience is preferred.
- Ability to build consensus and collaborative relationships; to lead teams through influence rather than authority.
- Demonstrated superior matrix management, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Detail and solution oriented with ability to work within broad guidelines and exercise considerable initiative, judgment, and decisiveness.
- Approximately 25% domestic and international travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt