Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PHACO APPLICATION SPECIALIST- WEST-Johnson & Johnson Vision
Requisition ID: 9450180112
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Phaco Application Specialist in the Western Region. Preferred residence is Southern California or the Bay area.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The primary responsibilities of the Phaco Application Specialist include:
- Ensure that J&J products are integrated into our customers' practice, and that the customer and staff understand how to optimize J&J’s Phaco equipment for optimal results.
- Serve as a contact for customers, with the goal of ensuring superior clinical outcomes, increasing Phaco conversion and use. Train J&J physicians and nurses/technicians on the optimal use of Phaco equipment in accordance with FDA guidelines and J&J policy.
- Continually educate and support J&J customers via training, certification and optimization efforts.
- Collaborate with J&J sales supporting efforts to maintain and grow equipment and procedural market share.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Train and certify Physicians and Nurses/Technicians on the optimal use and maintenance of J&J Phaco equipment.
- Support product surveillance for medical device reporting and support field service following field equipment adjustments and repair.
- Provide timely follow up with J&J customers after all training activities.
- Work in partnership with sales to provide scheduled visits to requested accounts.
- Consistent communication with Sales Manager and Sales team on all activities and trained accounts.
- Attend division meetings to discuss and strategize technical and optimized performance needs.
- Participate in requested meetings and Trade Shows (demo equipment on show floor, participate in wet lab events), and VIP events at J&J and offsite.
- Other initiatives as required.
- Key interactions with leading cataract surgeons
- Travels to identified accounts for training and education purposes.
- Participates in cross functional teams within J&J regarding customer preference, complaints and medical device reporting.
- Maintains excellent rapport with J&J Medical Directors and Clinical Management
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) plus years of related experience is required
- COA, COT or COMT certification preferred
- A minimum of three (3) plus years of clinical application experience, preferably in Cataract, Excimer or Femtosecond laser surgery is preferred
- A minimum of two (2) plus years of medical device training experience; Ophthalmic experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license issued in one of the 50 United States is required
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)