We are seeking a Data Science Product Manager within Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics group who will play a key role in our transformation journey of applying innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J office in USA, but preferred location is Bridgewater, NJ.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge advanced analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. As a Data Science Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and driving our product strategy and roadmaps. You will work with global supply chain business partners, in-house data scientists, data engineers, and product development teams to identify new projects and product features, analyze the potential customer and financial implications, select and prioritize promising ideas, and create a cohesive roadmap. You will also evangelize new features to our users, working to accelerate their adoption, track the realized savings and impacts, and communicate results with senior leaders.
- Partner with diverse groups of supply chain business leaders across different functions (e.g., manufacturing, quality, procurement, planning, logistics, customer experience) and different sectors (pharmaceutical, consumer, medical devices) to identify business opportunities that can be addressed by data science products.
- Develop novel machine learning/statistics/simulation based proof of concept models and evaluate their effectiveness by working closely with the business partners.
- Define approach to scale-up proof-of-concepts to fully operationalized products
- Define vision and roadmap for data science products that when deployed will fully achieve business objectives
- Manage product backlog through use of agile tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Develop and monitor success metrics related to adoption and impact of the data science products, track the realized savings and business benefits.
- Collaborate with Product Development team of engineers, data scientists, and architects to ensure the timely delivery of products per requirements.
- Manage priorities and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support.
- Communicate product strategy, roadmap, deployment status and results with senior management.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- MS in Operations Management, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Quantitative MBA is preferred
- Well conversant with machine learning, statistical and simulation algorithms with ability to develop quick proof-of-concept solutions in Python or R
- 5+ years of experience working with business to translate business opportunities into data science solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases and track business benefits from rolled out data science solutions, including calculating return on investment (ROI), P&L savings, cash flow impact, and other key business metrics in supply chain.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional teams consisting of data scientists, IT and business from proof-of-concept to solution deployment phases.
- Experience working in or with a complex global supply chain management organization is preferred.
- Healthcare experience (particularly in pharmaceutical manufacturing/quality processes) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences across all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. Experience working and communicating with senior executives.
- Experience with Agile methodology and tools.
- Proven ability to drive, manage, and influence multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Proven ability to build partnerships to deliver results and influence change in a highly matrix organization.
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Creative and innovation minded.
- Energetic, self-driven, passionate, accountable, keen on continuous learning.
- The ability for up to 20% travel, including international travel, is required.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
North America-United States
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Digital Product Development