Johnson & Johnson Careers
DREXEL BIOMATERIALS R&D CO-OP
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 9430180418
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomaterials R&D Co-op. DePuy Synthes, Johnson & Johnson’s orthopedic medical device company, develops and markets implants and instruments for orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery.
The co-op position offered by DePuy Synthes is in the Biomaterials Research and Development group, which develops implants based on new materials technologies including polymers, ceramics, composites, and drug-device combination products. The Biomaterials R&D Co-op will work in a team environment, assisting scientists and engineers in our R&D laboratories to fabricate device prototypes, and conduct mechanical, chemical, biological, and simulated use testing to evaluate device performance.
- The co-op will conduct experiments and provide data, results analysis, and reports to project teams in a timeline driven process, and will contribute to the efficient operation of R&D laboratories.
- The co-op will exercise technical judgment in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments, and use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- The co-op will maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documentation according to required guidelines.
- The co-op may be asked to provide other project or product support as needed to support Synthes’ business objectives.
- This position requires work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab
- This position is a full time position, 40 hours per week, located in West Chester, PA, and requires less than 5% travel.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering or science program.
- The candidate should have an interest in chemistry, biology, materials science, or medical device design and testing.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and should be observant and be able to think creatively.
- The candidate should be able to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments is preferred
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)