Johnson & Johnson Careers
Executive Assistant - JLABS
Requisition ID: 9424181017
Johnson & Johnson Innovation is recruiting an Executive Assistant for the Global Head of Johnson and Johnson, JLABS. The goal of Johnson & Johnson Innovation is to advance transformative healthcare solutions that improve the lives of people around the world and, in so doing, to deliver value to Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”). JJI accomplishes this by catalyzing new science and technology through collaboration and exchange of ideas. This growing team is looking for a colleague inspired to help build and innovate new ways of fostering a productive life-science ecosystem.
JLABS (“JLABS”) is the external R&D engine of Johnson & Johnson, catalyzing a community of entrepreneurs in health, operating a network of life science incubators focusing and accelerating emerging through its development, and supporting the portfolio to successful partnering and funding.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will support the Global Head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS providing global administrative support to a highly visible and in-demand leader. This involves exercising discretion and independent judgment on key issues while assisting the Senior. Leader with the execution of daily activities, including managing the complex and dynamic global calendar of the Senior Leader and related logistics; coordinating domestic and international travel and processing expense reports.
- Manages and schedules meetings and appointments, plans Senior. Leader’s participation, provides onsite coordination, technical support, and tracking of action items.
- Anticipate the Senior Leader’s needs and proactively assembles the appropriate people and resources to solve problems.
- Manage contacts for Senior Leader, proactively understanding who they are, which have priority and keeps track of communication needed for priority contacts.
- Field incoming requests; exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information interacting with top-level contacts on highly sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, reasoning skills and diplomacy, and communicating and interacting with internal stakeholders, external customers, internal and external partners, media and vendors.
- Reviews and prioritizes communications (electronic, oral and written) and determines appropriate action to take, including responding directly, preparing draft response for executives review or delegating to other team members for response preparation.
- Lead, drive and execute on various team events, socials, offsite meetings, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams.
- Coordinate logistics for visitors.
- Prioritizes assignments and tasks with minimal direction and has authority to delegate assignments and tasks as appropriate.
- May perform a variety of other administrative duties such as processing invoices, vouchers, purchase orders, payroll, human resources, and budgets.
- The EA will further take on the management of key projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
- The EA will also provide supervision over other administrative support to the JLABS Leadership Team.
- This will include training, coaching, and working to identify and implement organizational administrative efficiencies from a time and budget perspective.
- This role will include other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of bachelor's degree or comparable experience is required.
- An advanced secretarial certification is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of executive administrative is required.
- Experience supporting a global, in demand leader with a high volume of travel is preferred.
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and be able to readily shift and adapt to changing priorities and demands is required.
- The ability to be customer and employee focused and have demonstrated ability to multi-task, and able to work under minimal supervision is required.
- Strong computer skills, including working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.) and travel and expense programs is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
- Previous experience overseeing contract and/or junior administrative staff preferred.
- This position is based in South San Francisco, CA.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)