Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Manager, Communications & Public Affairs, (Therapeutic Area (TA) and Field communications) is responsible for effective, strategic counsel and communications related to select TAs, including issues management in support of our Janssen Canada business. In this role, the individual will support the strategy development and lead the execution of integrated and holistic TA communications plans while supporting issues that span the Canadian pharmaceuticals business.
The position will work closely with colleagues across Public Affairs and Communications, in close partnership with the Legal, regulatory, compliance and commercial teams respectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• As a therapeutic lead for the business; provide strategic and holistic communications oversight to select brand, including field communications
• Serve as single point of contact for all communications needs and collaborate with other communications colleagues (e.g., global, external stakeholder, content, corporate, etc.) to provide strategic communications counsel to the Canadian Pharmaceutical business
• Model effective counsel to business leaders by listening, understanding and providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback
• Model a healthy Enterprise culture by championing and facilitating a Diversity and Inclusion mindset that aligns with Our Credo and Leadership Imperatives
• Develop and execute strategies to inform, engage and align employees to our Janssen Canada business strategy and share an aligned narrative, highlighting the connection between the global, North American and Canadian strategies
• Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners (e.g., commercial, medical, regulatory, legal, etc.)
• Protect and enhance the reputation and equities of our portfolio of brands by providing strategic counsel on the communications strategies, aligning on a holistic approach to as well as partnering on issues/crisis communication programming ensuring alignment with Global Communications & Public Affairs
• Maintain a strong understanding of the Canadian media landscape (traditional and digital) including key stakeholders, emerging trends and opportunities to differentiate our brands through innovative PR approaches
• Support and contribute to an integrated Public Affairs team approach
• Incorporate a public affairs mindset to counsel on the TA communications
• Liaise with the Global Communications teams to share insights and key learning
• Lead measurement of communications efforts by overseeing reporting compiled by the communications agencies, assisting in the roll-out of new measurement tools, and providing recommendations to optimize plans based on insights and key learning
• Minimum BA required.
• Must have a minimum 8+ years of experience in Public Affairs Communications, preferably working in a Healthcare Consulting, Government and/or Pharmaceutical industry.
• Must have a proven ability to take initiative, and make sound decisions based on changing priorities while managing multiple projects.
• Proven ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives.
• Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence.
• Expert judgement in critical decision making on issues impacting J&J reputation and is sought after as a trusted advisor.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills.
• Experience dealing with national and local media, trade and social media, and/or professional/trade and third-party organizations would be an asset.
• Bilingual in French/English is an asset
• Sound knowledge and experience applying the IMC code and Health Canada guidance in advertising and promotion areas is an asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)