Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Business Technology Leader, Corporate
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 9415180810
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Business Technology Leader, Corporate in New Brunswick, NJ. This position may require up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the VP, Global Business Technology Leader (BTL) – Corporate/Enterprise Functions, this individual will be responsible for the integrated business/technology strategy and direction of the Corporate group within a specific business domain.
This position manages a total technology portfolio of $40-50MM. This role leads a senior team of technology leaders and over 20+ internal business partners that will address current and future business needs while aligning enterprise IT direction. The Senior Director will build deep understanding of business strategies, have proven experience with digital transformation of corporate functions, help shape strategy to enable profitable growth and achievement of global function industry benchmarks, and will work in partnership Product Lines (PL) and Technology Services (TS) organizations.
The Senior Director will drive IT strategy for the business domain with significant senior executive interactions and influence globally This individual must demonstrate an ability to bring together business needs and technology solutions with agility; drive good management discipline and continuous improvement; deliver functional and financial objectives; acquire and develop top talent with diverse and inclusion at heart; collaborate with business partners and functional leaders; deliver portfolio and project outcomes. Ultimately, this role will ensure IT continues to be a core strategic advantage for the global functions of our Corporate Services.
Given its strategic role and seniority, this key position must have strong strategic partnering (internal and external) skills, strong networking, demonstrate high intellectual curiosity, act as a change leader and be able to develop outstanding working relationships with key Senior Executives in J&J and IT executives worldwide.
• Work with senior leaders to evolve culture and organizational behavior, elevating IT into a strategic partner.
• Develop deep knowledge of Global Enterprise Corporate functions and build both horizontal and vertical relationships with business and IT leaders that deliver business impact.
• Coach business partners and enable them to articulate the technology needs and requirements in their function that will advance business performance.
• Act as the principal technology advisor to Global Enterprise Corporate functions and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
• Ensure that [business unit or function]’s strategy and key performance indicators are identified and leveraged for effective IT demand shaping.
• Partner with business unit or function leaders on pre-project ideation.
• Partner with enterprise architects to develop technology enablement business capability roadmaps.
• Partner with business and IT leaders to evaluate proposals, build business cases, and plan new joint initiatives, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
• Partner with business analysts to ensure that essential business requirements are understood, captured, and reflected in solution documentation.
• Partner with business transformation or change management teams to ensure that the business unit or function has the capacity and capabilities to implement changes required by new technology solutions.
• Ensure that project/program managers and IT staff assigned to projects are knowledgeable about the business unit or function, business partner(s), and their objectives.
• Ensure delivery of new technology solutions and capabilities in accordance with the roadmap and ensure that they meet established objectives and expectations of business partners.
• Share ownership of the business value results of technology related projects; measure and communicate business value results on a regular basis.
• Bring outside-in or fresh perspectives into the organization by routinely meeting with end customers/consumers, industry peers, and other external sources.
• Ensure continuous improvement in value optimization, IT performance, and business processes where applicable.
• Proactively identify business capability and IT service gaps and contribute to improvement efforts.
• Advocate for and advance business partners’ knowledge of IT processes, frameworks, roles, and capabilities.
• Develop value-adding BRM professional maturity, individually and for the entire function.
• Oversee BAs within region and drive collaborations and sharing of best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Master’s degree in computer science or business administration and/or Master of Business administration with technology as a core component is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required.
• Minimum of 1 year of leading a line of business and an engineering/product development team is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of people management experience is required.
• Strong understanding of product development lifecycle, knowledge of healthcare, business theory, management, budgeting and business office operations is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems is preferred.
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is preferred.
• Exceptional service orientation, strong negotiating skills are preferred.
• Ability to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language is preferred.
• This position requires up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)