Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineer III
Requisition ID: 9407190530
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Process Engineer III in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units. This role will support the manufacturing of several OTC products including LISTERINE®, NEOSPORIN®, LUBRIDERM ®, DESITIN ®, and BEN-GAY.
Provides process engineering and controls support. Plans and conducts activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and capability alternatives, and performing process characterization and optimization using designed experiments, and problem solving and decision making tools.
- Designs comprehensive engineering activities to develop and implement effective, high quality processes and design guidelines for dissemination throughout the division.
- Provides complex design reviews and feedback for improvements in manufacturability.
- Will facilitate technology transfer from process development to commercial-scale processes for new product introductions, lead and coordinate all activities for modifications of existing processes, prepare process development protocols and coordinate all activities related to their execution.
- Process Engineer will lead cross functional teams to design and install multi-million dollar capital projects primarily focused on new and upgraded projects throughout the facility, which may include packaging, manufacturing and/or facilities equipment.
- Will act as a liaison with Engineering and Business Units on manufacturing capabilities of new products and/or new processes. This will involve designing projects in conformance with governmental and regulatory agency requirements; administering all projects according to Capital Review Process; generating and implementing cost reduction ideas; and maintaining accurate accounting of purchasing commitments and expenditures for each project.
- Facilitate communication activities and act as liaison between hourly colleagues and other leaders at the site.
- Will prepare process validation protocols and coordinate all activities related to their execution, including the preparation and approval of all related completion reports, prepare detailed process specifications, work instructions and support in equipment installation qualification activities for new equipment.
- Will conceive, develop and implement equipment, tooling, processes to improve efficiencies, increase productivity and/or improve quality, follow and observes all regulatory requirements (GMPs, ISO, FDA, internal polices) applicable to area of responsibility and comply with Johnson & Johnson Safety/Environmental Requirement and safe working conditions and practices.
- Analyzes new processes and equipment with the intent of achieving continuous improvement of present methods.
- Communicates and monitors process and material quality targets.
- Measures performance to targets and implements remedial actions as instructed.
- Develops process documentation and training materials for new processes, materials, and equipment.
- Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations, the Companies’ policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for my role.
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform.
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify, report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- A focused degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Packaging Engineering is preferred.
- 4 years of related experience in the development of manufacturing processes / equipment is required.
- A thorough understanding of line design flow principles and practices, lean manufacturing and the ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of project management is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience using Excel as an analytical tool and/or experience utilizing Minitab is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and skills in the use of process development tools is preferred (ie. DOE, CTQ flow down, C/E Matrix, pFMEA, fish bone diagrams, etc).
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
- Experience with cost/benefit analysis is preferred.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills are required. Excellent technical writing skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making skills are required.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)