Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Data Science Analyst, Commercial Analytics
Requisition ID: 9392190314
Johnson & Johnson – one of the 2 AAA rated companies, and the Top 5 companies by market cap - is transforming around Technology & Analytics to enable J&J to innovate faster and to compete more effectively, making science and technology equal partners in building the future of Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Data Science Analyst is part of the transformation within J&J Enterprise Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for analyzing commercial outcomes and provide insights throughout the product lifecycle (including pricing analytics, contracting analytics, market mix modeling, trade promotions, commercial forecasting and effectiveness) and partner with business partners to deliver impact. You will be developing analytical prototypes and scalable analytical “solutions” to provide a competitive advantage to J&J in the healthcare space – and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team.
This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs to get results and find opportunities. You will drive business impact by solving rare problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a multi-functional organization. You will also partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team leaders to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision-making.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Developing the analytical solutions to address the opportunities – and partnering with business and technology to deploy the solution to achieve impact.
- Working with technology partners to integrate information and solution into a flawless, repeatable, and consistent way.
- Stay up-to-date regarding newest technologies and available methods.
- Provide though leadership by researching best practices and collaborating with external organizations and external partners.
- Develop data pipelines and organize data for use in analysis.
- Identify new opportunities for analysis and investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related discipline (e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics) with 3+ years’ related experience or Master’s degree in STEM or related discipline with 1+ years’ related experience.
- Understand functional domains within sales and marketing and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization.
- Good communication skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to partners
- Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, Julia) is required
- Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Ability to manipulate data of various types, structured and unstructured
- Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g., HADOOP) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding data lifecycle on cloud computing platforms (AWS / Azure) is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of foundational software engineering principles is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in one or more of relevant commercial areas (market research, pricing, contracting, market mix, commercial effectiveness) strongly preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and workflow software is preferred.
- The ability for 30% travel, including international travel is required.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
R&D Engineering (R&D)