Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Insights & Experience Strategy-Johnson & Johnson Design
Requisition ID: 9388180111
J&J Design (www.jnj.com/design) is an internal design team responsible for creating desirable, feasible and viable holistic solutions across all of Johnson & Johnson: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Devices, J&J Corporate and for J&J employees.
Solving problems for people everywhere is an integral part of our culture at Johnson & Johnson. In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we use Design Thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services. Our focus on care-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to care for the world, one person at a time.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our Insights and Experience Strategy (IXS) team is responsible for introducing differentiated, design-related methodologies into the organization that enable new ways of working, while also delivering innovation projects that make impact. IXS additionally develops new brand and communication strategies from an experiential foundation. Through Experience Design, we also design new business models and value exchange.
J&J Design is looking for a creative and accomplished individual for the role of Manager, Insights and Experience Strategy. This position will focus on Social Innovation globally, and in enabling innovative approaches to designing care-centered experiences in resource-limited settings and emerging markets in particular. You must be comfortable with the following: ambiguity, leading teams in synthesis activities, conceptualizing future states, providing strategic direction for designing compelling solutions that answer business requirements and, most importantly, the needs of consumers, patients, customers, health care providers and their beneficiaries.
You will embody care-centered design leadership while effectively working with cross-functional partners and manage diverse teams to ensure timely delivery.
The role is located in New York, NY and may require domestic and international travel, a minimum of 25%.
- Partner in the scoping of design research and the strategic approach to address a business or organizational need
- Lead, guide and mentor team members in social innovation practices, representing care-centered design in global strategy development and in enabling the translation of strategy into local implementation
- Lead the synthesis of disparate inputs – from organizational and foundational knowledge to wide-ranging external inspiration and data – and develop engaging insights, narratives, strategic frameworks that guide design intent
- Identify knowledge gaps, then plan and execute relevant inquiry methods, with specific focus on participatory design engagements with internal and external stakeholders, including beneficiaries and end users
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams across internal and partner organizations with an ability to map complex stakeholder systems, contribute to developing logic models and evaluation plans and envision bio-medical, behavioral and structural solution blueprint, as well as sustainable funding models
- Leverage models and solutions from different market contexts – commercial, not for profit and donation-based – to solve for the task at hand
- Balance people management responsibilities with managing and contributing to multiple projects at one time
- Monitor key external design and industry trends to influence internal quality of solutions and help shape thought leadership in the organization and industry
- Invest into initiatives that strengthen our design studio and company culture
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required with a Master’s in Social Innovation, Public Health or Behavioral Science desired
- 8 years’ of experience preferred in design research and strategy fueling Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, Public Health Programming
- Strong subject matter expertise in design and systems thinking, as well as design for behavior change required
- Strong facilitation skills required to engage a variety of stakeholders along the design process to build capacity in individuals, organizations and systems
- Proven track record of developing insight and envisioning desirable human futures, and facilitating the translation into implementable tactics
- Proven results in developing clear and engaging communications, with proficiency and knowledge in design-related software such as Adobe CSS, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with developing logic models and evaluating impact is desired
- Proven results managing multi-disciplinary design teams is required
- Work independently with intelligent initiative, collaborate easily and productively with teams
- Constantly learning, exploring, and sharing
United States-New York-New York
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)