Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for IT Manager - Data Science Solutions (Intelligent Automation R&D IT) , located in Raritan, NJ. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The Manager- Data Science Solutions will be responsible for combining consulting, Data Science and Information Technology (IT) expertise, and R&D operational knowledge to transform the way IT is applied in Data Science. This role is accountable for transformational technology initiatives that will enable overall R&D mission and Strategic Imperatives which is going to lead us to our future by accelerating growth of data sciences to solve problem. As a strategic partner, the IT Manager- IA will influence future technology evolution to support data science, process automation and artificial intelligence for achieving operational efficiencies. You as the IT Manager will be intricately involved in building data pipelines, running analytical experiments, model development and deployments in a methodical manner and regulate the deployed models. This is the perfect opportunity for you to become a part of an innovative and ambitious team that develops machine learning tools which will have a transformative impact on Janssen R&D.
In addition, to ensure continuous improvement advances, s/he will build internal and external partnerships for technology evolution, accounting for potential format, volume and regulatory changes arising with digital health, data sciences, and genomic influences in the healthcare ecosystem. This role requires accountability as R&D partner who handles the relationship through ongoing consultation with the business and technology leaders, and s/he also owns the full outcome of the technology services provided to these business partners. This role will lead data science enabled transformations with dynamic, creative, and highly visible R&D teams.
- Responsible for working closely with Business and Technology Leaders to find opportunities for transformative operational efficiencies using cognitive automation.
- Seen as an inspiring leader while evangelizing Cognitive Automation technologies in Intelligent Automation roadshows. “Technology specialist” who spans data science technology solutions implementations. Evaluate key technology trends and its impact on various business processes. Find opportunities for areas where technology provides competitive differentiation. Investigate, identify and prototype emerging technologies.
- Collaborate closely with other Product Line Technology teams (High Performance Compute, Data Platforms and Engineering, Design Thinking etc) to execute on various projects.
- Responsible for multi-generation product strategy; Maximizes value by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value.
- Overall accountability for Application Life Cycle Management: Development of application code, Oversee application testing, documentation activities; Review and approve changes to the applications they are responsible for; engage with enterprise architect team to implement application roadmap. Develop acceptance criteria & understands development estimates and how levels of effort impact the priority of requirements.
- Business/Technology Application Ownership (‘TAO’ role in CMDB): Maintain solid business understanding of entire application landscape, and be the DRI for all business and technical aspects of the application.
- Program oversight: Tracks progress of product development in the context of the larger program (scrum master owns day to day burn down charts; Reports back to the business on status on the delivery of features, functionality, and applications; Closely work with Application Service to report the performance of applications belonging to the product line.
- Has a combination of global and regional accountability depending on product line scope.
- Partner with business owner to ensure the SLA is met.
- CMDB management: Complete / correct inventory of applications available for architecture analysis and project planning; enable accurate and timely service management; support SACM CMDB Data Quality efforts.
- Oversees internal and external partnerships. Build positive relationships with Technology Services. Ensure effective communication between teams, internal/external customers, vendors and partners.
- Engage vendors perform third party product evaluations and recommendations for solving unmet business needs.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with Pharma- R&D, Regulatory, Safety, BRQC/Quality, Clinical Operations. -
- Hands-on technical knowledge of data science platforms and software technology, knowledge of business process and business strategy, experience working across multiple levels of an organization, leadership skills, creating context around key business drivers and strategic plan.
- Minimum of 8+ years of data development work experience and leading matrix teams in large enterprises Required
- Solid understanding and experience with of Advanced technologies (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic/ Process Automation, etc.) required.
- Strong programming exposure in Core Technologies (Python, Java, C++), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Wrangling, Data Visualization-
- Deep exposure to Statistics, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra and Data Intuition.-
- Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business processes, and their respective technology implications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level perspective along with ability to explain complex technology topics in easy-to-understand terms.
- Demonstrated understanding and management of financial processes and results related to projects, departmental budgets, and enterprise is required.
- A deep understanding of: methodologies for system design, development, and implementation;all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; validation and regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience in the use of Agile methodology, process engineering and prototyping tools is critical.
- An IT executioner, who knows when to use infrastructure to deliver upon traditional needs as well as unlock opportunities for innovation from technology
- Understanding of the Pharma business and its operating environment.
- A strategic thinker with superb communication and leadership skills, used to influence decision-making with business leader.
- Bachelor or Engineering degree required, in Information Technology or other quantitative field.
An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that create a passionate, energetic and rewarding work environment, with the ability to encourage a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards collaboration, performance and inclusion
Solid understanding of upcoming Data Science technology trends and the potential impact on the J&J system portfolio
Exposure to next generation data technologies (i.e. TAMR, Trifacata, Streamsets, Collibra, Waterline, Cloudera etc.) preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)