Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Engineer, Technical Operations - Packaging Component Development and Labeling
Requisition ID: 9382180827
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Engineer, Technical Operations - Packaging Component Development and Labeling, located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Reporting to the Manager, the Staff Engineer, Packaging Component Development and Labeling is responsible for component development, and execution of labeling activities as well as complex technical projects. The individual provides departmental technical expertise and company leadership for package development while collaborating with regulatory, marketing, market research, supply chain, process excellence and other affiliated departments and organizations to identify and address packaging needs.
- Plan and execute package engineering assignments assuring the development and maintenance of packaging components, labeling and systems to support New Product Development projects, Base Business activities, Franchise initiatives, technical transfers, Cost Improvements and quality and compliance projects.
- Develop and lead strategic packaging initiatives for all OTC Brands in support of the long-term goals
- Develop and direct short-term programs and strategies related to packaging, including but not limited to package development, labeling process and component specifications. Create the vision and strategy for the team. Develop strategies related to meeting new and changing global regulatory requirements related to packaging and labeling.
- Lead the development and assessment of the following types of information to support package development and life cycle management initiatives, including but not limited to the following activities: design requirements, definition of the scope of change, packaging and equipment solution proposals, prior knowledge and knowledge gap assessments, risk assessments, test plans, and test results analysis and conclusions.
- Oversee and/or develop, write, gain cross-functional alignment, and route for approval package development documentation that captures the above end-to-end project specific information. (Examples of documentation: Package Component Specifications, Package Development Assessment and Plan documents, Packaging Line Trial Protocols and Reports, Package Development Reports, etc.)
- Develop recommendations on general packaging guidelines and standards for processes and functional requirements.
- Execute packaging projects in compliance with government and corporate guidelines.
- Contribute to the company with inventions, new designs, processes or techniques which are lead to the resolution of problems.
- Facilitate and/or support the development and enhancement of packaging procedures.
- Demonstrates Credo values: integrity and credo-based actions.
- Ensures project team understands package engineering processes and requirements.
- Acts as mentor to engineers and project teams, ensuring there is an understanding of the packaging engineering and validation processes and requirements.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A minimum BS in Packaging Sciences or Engineering or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of industry experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of Package Development experience required
- Specific experience within the Consumer, OTC, or Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- GMP experience is preferred
- Previous experience focusing on managing technical processes and projects preferred
- Proven work experience in a cross functional environment relating to R&D, Marketing, Operations, Sales, etc is preferred
- This role is based in Fort Washington, PA and may require up to 10% travel based on business needs.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)