Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Global Demand Planner, Surgical Equipment
Requisition ID: 9380180418
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Sr. Global Demand Planner, Surgical Equipment in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
As a Sr. Global Demand Planner, you will generate and analyze Market Intelligence to forecast the demand plan for Equipment, Accessories and Consumables. This will involve considering the product lifecycle by collaborating with other functions like Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc. You will manage the demand input into the S&OP process. You will chair and participates in monthly Country Demand Planning meetings.
Add Market Intelligence:
• Review statistical forecast generated and provide input on any changes required
• Collect information and collaborate with other functions such as Commercial, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.
• Incorporate Customer and/or Market event demand that is not yet captured through the use representative sales history and statistical modeling.
• Generate scenarios considering products, past event data, customer/market analysis, cannibalization, substitution, and other relevant parameters.
Account for Product Lifecycle:
• Collect information and collaborate with other functions like Marketing and Sales, Finance and Operations.
• Utilize alternative methods such as market models, life cycle profiles, and data substitution to generate scenarios testing sensitivity to an array of parameters to arrive and align on the most probable forecast.
• Enables PLAN to deliver/improve service & inventory targets by delivering/improving forecast measures for Surgical Equipment and the supporting accessories and consumables.
• Provide demand input to the S&OP process to allow for transparency of risks and opportunities. Participates in Demand Review and other S&OP forums as applicable.
University Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Experiences & Skills:
• Minimum five (5) years of related experience in a planning discipline required
• Experience with ERP (SAP/APO/SNP) or Advanced Planning Systems (OMP) is preferred
• Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions required
• Data mining reporting skills through MS-excel, or equivalent (i.e. pivot tables, v-lookups) required
• Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, team and individual goals required
• Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers. Coach others when appropriate.
• Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
• Ability to target their communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to a small to medium sized audience.
• The ability to influence others in a matrix environment required
• Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate processes to determine if refinements would enhance speed of results and productivity or quality &/or Ability to work with Continuous Improvement tools
• Understanding of the forecasting techniques required
• Green Belt Six Sigma Certification preferred
• Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) preferred
• Up to 5% domestic/international travel required
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)