Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Cell Line Development & Data Science within the Biotherapeutics Development department. Our group specifically generates cell lines that produce large molecule therapeutics in support of the fast-growing pipeline for these various therapeutic areas. This position is based in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are seeking a highly motivated full-time scientist to contribute to the optimization of our cell line development and protein expression process. The BioTD organization is continuing to build key scientific expertise in metabolic and process modeling.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a collaborative project to build a digital twin model of Janssen’s cell line development platform process. The goal of the project is to create an accurate, genome-based model that will serve as a digital representation of large scale-production reactors, and to use the model to guide cell line development process from clone screening and selection through upstream process development.
- Design and execute experiments using reduced-scale models to create data sets to build and test the models
- Handle and process large data sets that will be used for model training and testing
- Employ existing machine learning (ML) tools as well as developing new inference and prediction methods
- Develop standardized workflows to allow the model to be used by a wide user group with varying abilities
- Publish results is a peer-reviewed journal
- Present scientific data to colleagues and assist in the preparation of internal and external presentations/conferences (oral and posters)
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documents according to required guidelines
- Lead or facilitate meetings with collaborators and participate in cross-functional teams at project-related meetings
A minimum of 9+ years of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond with a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related scientific discipline or 6+ years of experience in data science and/or modeling & simulation with a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related scientific discipline or a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related scientific discipline with 2+ year experience in data science and/or modeling & simulation is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with cell culture, cell metabolism and/or system biology is highly preferred
- Experience or desire to employ mathematical/computational approaches for analysis of metabolic pathways, especially flux balance analysis highly preferred
- Prior experience with developing and applying modeling approaches such as machine learning to integrate quantitative high-throughput data is a plus
- Proven ability to develop and execute experimental protocols as well as analyze and properly interpret data is a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to good documentation practices a must
This role is based in Spring House, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)