Johnson & Johnson Careers
SC GLOBAL PLANNING SERVICE ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 9349190313
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Supply Chain Global Planning Service Engineer, located in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
The Supply Chain Global Planning Service Engineer - Release Train Engineer will be responsible for the planning, coordination, scheduling and execution of platform releases for our next generation planning solutions. In addition, he/she will be responsible for stewardship of the platform ensuring integrity and robustness’s of the application and its integrations. This role requires a combination of advanced planning business process knowledge and technology expertise. This role will report directly to the Global Planning Service Owner.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
- Leads the Release planning, coordination and execution processes utilizing planning and collaboration knowledge and skills, while following approved J&J standard policies and procedures (e.g. SDLC, Agile, IAPP, etc.). Plan, oversee and schedule software releases while protecting the integrity of existing services by ensuring regression testing criteria is successfully met prior to deployment of software releases.
- Understand the full project life-cycle inclusive of Change Management and its effects/relationship to Release Management are key, in addition to leading the release types, coordination of the Release schedules/calendar and communications. Ensures coordinated communication between all partners throughout the project lifecycle. Support risk management/mitigation
- Leads release planning and management reviews within the service. Participate in cross-platform release planning and management reviews with peers. Helps facilitate the collection and reporting of metrics. Investigates emerging technologies, new release planning and management techniques, and leverage opportunities that drive continuous improvement of the service, its use in solutions, and how the service inter-operates with other services.
- Perform industry benchmarking to identify external and internal trends and innovation related to the service strategy and design. Interact with multi-functional teams, including ADEPT services, to ensure complete delivery of solutions. Collaborate and Integrate with Release Planning and Management services and platforms
- BA/BS in computer science or supply chain systems, (MA/MBA preferred)
- The Service Engineer must understand the entire suite of services and platforms as related to global planning to maximize the leverage potential of the services, know how to combine services, and also know how to identify when the service should be used in solutions.
- The Service Engineer must also understand the service lifecycle, plan for and execute that lifecycle (CI/CD services and technical debt control).
- Partner externally with the regional service teams and internally with the peer service engineer teams is a critical job component.
- The Service Engineer requires a solid background in work estimation, and execution to facilitate scope estimation.
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience in advanced planning applications such as SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), JDA, Manugistics, OM Partners or similar experience
- Deep Understanding of SAP Technologies, JDE Enterprise Resource Planning (JDE) solutions or related experience
- Deep understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and SDLC processes
- Deep understanding of Lean Methodology
- Possesses capability to able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to management effectively
- Possesses good planning, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others with little supervision
Potential for 20% International travel during peak periods of projects
APICS certification preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)