Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Consumer R&D Microbiology Co-op - Skillman, NJ
Requisition ID: 9347161028
Johnson & Johnson has over $67 billion in sales and is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 operating companies of Johnson & Johnson employ approximately 120,000 employees in over 60 countries around the world, selling products in more than 175 countries.
We keep our leadership positions fresh and vital through constant innovation. Our commitment to a superior rate of innovation has been accompanied by a superior rate of profitability, enabling the development of unique new products and new leadership positions - thereby spurring added breadth and enhancing consistency. This successful cycle in the pursuit of leadership has given us the wherewithal to deliver consistently outstanding performance since the Company was founded in 1886.
Located in Skillman, NJ; Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products
Company is a corporate division focused primarily on research, development and engineering within Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies. We develop a comprehensive array of well-known health care products in the adult skin and hair, women's health, oral health, wound care, infant, kids and teen categories. Included are such brand names as AVEENO®, BAND-AID® Adhesive Bandages, JOHNSON'S® Baby products, LISTERINE®, NEUTROGENA®, REACH® oral health products, CLEAN & CLEAR® skin care products, STAYFREE® and CAREFREE® sanitary protection products
- An opportunity for students to partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide informal mentoring and coaching towards successful outcomes.
- The opportunity to be exposed to our process of creating and developing new and beneficial consumer, personal care, and OTC pharmaceutical products for global markets.
- The opportunity to work on pre-assigned projects including microbiology support to new product development.
- The opportunity to work in the laboratory environment.
- The opportunity to work within cross-functional or interdisciplinary teams and may have multiple internal partners and customers.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today!
- The successful co-op candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- The candidate must be a student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree seeking program majoring in a Science related field.
- Top candidates considered will be majoring in the following fields: Biological Sciences, biology, microbiology, biochemistry and biomedical engineering.
- Junior and Senior level candidates are strongly preferred.
- Candidate must have a minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Candidate must have completed at least one hands-on laboratory full course in Microbiology prior to start of position.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of aseptic technique, serial dilutions, streaking plates and using media.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of laboratory safety and have comfort level with using live microorganisms in culture.
- It is preferred that the candidate has some previous microscopy experience.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Candidates must be able to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 6 month co-op.
- Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)