Janssen Biotech Inc., part of the Janssen Pharmaceuticals & the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting a Maintenance Technician Level 2 (Metrologist) in Malvern PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Metrologists ensure compliant, accurate, and timely completion of calibrations, corrective, emergency and preventive maintenance in support of the Janssen, Malvern biologics pharmaceutical manufacturing and utilities equipment, and preferably have experience in one or more additional maintenance disciplines (eg. Electrical, Mechanical, Utilities, HVAC)
- Execute calibration and repair of instrumentation used in cGMP and non GMP systems and maintain all calibration standards
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides repairs to equipment, instruments and instrumentation systems as assigned
- Working knowledge of equipment including, but not limited to PLC control systems and HMI’s
- Familiarity with electrical theory, thermal energy principals, mechanical maintenance techniques, and electromechanical theory.
- Carries out all duties in compliance with all company, state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA, DEA and TSA.
- Ensures regulatory and job training remains current by promptly completing required training
- Complies with all company and/or site policies and procedures
- Complete all GMP documentation to support Maintenance activities and supply legible and complete documentation of work orders as required
- Participate in PM development and optimization
- Order basic supplies as needed
- Participate in Maintenance projects as required including but not limited to Root Cause Analysis, FMEA’s, and Non- Conformance investigations
- Support “Operator Asset Care” program for manufacturing areas
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new skills as required
- Is available for other duties as required
- Performs complex repairs on equipment with several variables with limited guidance
- Is technically competent within own technical area of expertise
- Develops awareness of all departmental operations
- Leads and trains others
- Advanced Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Defines problems, collects data, and draws valid conclusions;
- Can identify issues and implement improvements with guidance from supervisor
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A certification in Craft preferred (Trade / Technical School certification or Military equivalent of is accepted)
- A minimum of 3 years of related industrial experience is preferred
- Needs to be mobile and able to independently transport themselves between various sites/locations, as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, walk, sit, climb, balance, crouch, kneel, crawl, and taste or smell
- Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use
- Must be able to lift ergonomically, as required, a minimum of 25 pounds or what is stated in the current safety guideline.
- Vision requirements include close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Janssen Biotech is committed to working with any applicant or employee to make reasonable accommodations in job structure in consideration of any known physical challenges or disabilities.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)