Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Principal R&D Engineer, Software Development
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 9322190709
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Sr. Principal R&D Engineer, Software Development, located in Milpitas, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
This individual will be a technical lead in the development of the next generation of Laser Cataract Surgery devices. He/she will be directly responsible for rapid prototyping, algorithm development, code development, design, code, and unit testing, and integration. He/she will lead other team members in their development activities. This person will focus on algorithm and software development, as well as hardware control and interact with core team members to deliver solid software functionality combined with good design principles, patient safety, and useability.
You, the Sr. Principal R&D Engineer, Software Development, will:
• Perform rapid prototyping and algorithms for concept and feasibility
• Contribute to intellectual property submissions
• Refine the prototypes/algorithms and develop and document high level product software specifications and architecture with attention to system integration and feasibility. (20%)
• Work with other software developers in all phases of software development lifecycle from architecture selection, requirements, design, code implementation, unit testing and integration
• Work with multi-disciplinary core team members to define software functionality and implementation and support product risk assessment, cyber risk assessments, regulatory, and verification/validation.
• Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility.
• Ensure compliance with JJSV policies and procedures.
• Prototype/design/implement and test new functionality in embedded Labview/C++ modules.
• Collaborate with fellow developers to design and implement software features.
• Develop unit tests and integration testing with application software.
• Document and review software architecture, requirements, design, code, and unit tests.
• Oversight and support of test developers in verification and validation
• Support of human factors evaluations of the new software designs
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related engineering or science is required. Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
• 8 years or more in software and related engineering work experience is required.
• Experience working in heavily regulated industry/environment required
• Experience as a technical leader thru commercial product software release
• Strong technical knowledge in embedded or real-time software and hardware control is required.
• Imaging algorithms development and implementation required
• Experience with OCT is preferred
• C/C++ coding skill is preferred.
• Real-time or embedded LabView experience is preferred with certification.
• Strong experience in software tools and development process is required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
• Must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess working knowledge of coding and documentation deliverables within a regulated environment.
• This position may require up to 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)